Loneliness (Part 2)

If I'm a body, you're a blanket on me
If I'm a forest you're the field at my feet
If I'm a comer that the dark backs into

You're the darkness that this comer clings to
If I'm a mountain with the moon above me

I, the mountain, choose the moon to envy.

It was like my breathing had disappeared completely, leaving me behind as well as my body, so that nothing was there but a hollow shell. My heart was pounding so loudly that I was sure everyone around me could hear it. I couldn't speak at all; I just stared aimlessly at the two of them in front of me. Porter was trying to speak but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I couldn't bring myself to look at his face. I knew I was in the middle of having a very, very bad panic attack, but it wouldn't show on the outside.

"He's full of shit, isn't he?" Porter gritted his teeth. "Alexa. Say something..." His voice trailed off, and I could hear Dallas scoff beside him.
"She's just in shock right now that I'm out of jail. Right, Alexa?" My eyes traveled up to meet his, stopping slowly at the small stubble that covered his chin. His face had changed from a small smirk to a full on jeer. "Wait a second - are you really surprised? Is it that hard for you to realize that I bailed myself out? I think you must be forgetting that I have a couple million dollars in my bank account. It wasn't that hard to explain that my dad owns several hotels in the city."

He shifted confidently in his spot, his face almost mocking. His words bounced off of my thoughts, like I hadn't comprehended them yet or even acknowledged them. Everything seemed hazy and far away, like I was truly living in a nightmare. How? How did he get here? How did he end up at this party, and how did he recognize Porter? I hadn't seen him in so long, almost 2 months, yet he looked almost the exact same, maybe a little better. I was so taken aback.
Porter frowned, his voice loud and accusing. "Listen dude, I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but I suggest you leave us alone before I let one of the security guards know you're in here."

I heard a burst of laughter come from the boy on the other side, causing groups of people beside us to begin to stare. Curious eyes glanced at us for a second, before Porter got quiet, trying not to attract any more attention. Dallas, on the other hand, seemed to not care at all.

"You should probably watch your back, "dude," Dallas spat in a deep, mocking tone. "Things are about to get really shitty for you."

He whipped out his phone. Before I even knew what was happening, he was thrusting the phone over to Porter. My stomach was in knots all of a sudden. Anxiousness provoked me to look up towards the phone, which Porter was now holding. His eyes skimmed over the image of whatever was displayed on the screen. The expression on his face transitioned from one of disbelief, to horror, then anger.

"Get the fuck out of here," He growled. "You're sick. Why would you feel the need to photoshop naked pictures of her?"

Oh god. The breath I had been holding escaped my mouth, and a wave of nausea and fear ran through my veins. I felt like everything I ate was going to come right back up.

"Now why on earth," Dallas muttered in a low voice. "Would I feel the need to do that?"

He reached his hand over, pressing the screen softly. I looked on, petrified. His finger swiped from photo to photo, each picture concealed from my point of view. Porter's face seemed to mirror the emotions I was feeling right now. I was frozen in place, on the verge of collapsing. His lips trembled slightly, and right when I thought I was gonna puke, his eyes glided over to mine.

"...What is this?" Porter said, his eyes painful and horror-struck. "What the hell are these pictures? You told me he had hit you."

My palms were drenched with sweat. I tried to open my mouth to speak, but all that came out was silence and a wordless plead to understand me. My eyes widened as I tried to convey this message to Porter, but no sound escaped my mouth. I dug my nails into my wrist and forced myself to speak.