Chapter 1: The Origins

Well, here I am again, running through the woods hurting my bare feet on every single stump or rock laying in my path. I always hate the running for my life part of the adventure. The demons from the fiery realms of hell-or the lab that they were created from-are after me with teeth bared and claws extended. They have an advantage over me. They are faster, stronger, deadlier, and care less about the general well being of living creatures, but what they aren't aware of is that I know these woods from all the practice runs and escape tactics that I've run; but let's start from the beginning.

I am just the average joe, you know a face and hair and such, but the part you don't know about me is that I have recently made a deal with the devil-or the ruler of the demons, clever, right? I have these "powers", but I hate using that word, such a cliche, so we are going to call them my abilities. I have a built in compass that tells me the direction I am going, I can jump large distances, see pass objects, my skin is nearly impenetrable (nearly being the key-word), and I can track a scent for miles over. Those are the basic ones, but my only irregular power is the pins in my hand that create a neural link. Which I guess is so op God curses it with a killer migraine as a chaser. A hangover from someone else's mind.

So where was I, oh, yeah, running through the woods. The demon that I had recently punched in the chest was still rolling around trying to catch his breath; I made sure that it wouldn't be easy. I took the other two out. It was no problem just a normal Chuck Norris style round house to one of the chin of the first and and a backflip scissor kick to the jaw of the second.

I get back to the house where I live with my sister and I can smell what Pru was cooking earlier. I walk in and lean down to get a better look at her sleeping face. I kiss her adorable cheek through her pale platinum blonde hair. She is so cute, but a bit on the deadly side when it comes to anything other than naps. Even though, she could probably kill me in her sleep.

She is a furious little booger, but because I don't let her go on missions yet, she practices her abilities while I'm gone. She can control all forces of time and space on a miniature level and she can send a shock wave into the earths crust and regenerate the stamina of anybody around her, except for herself. She can slow down time by the rate at which the particles that are moving vibrate and hyper-accelerate the rate the particles around and inside herself or anyone else she chooses, but only for a bit.

I decide to sit down on the new couch Pru " persuaded " the nice man at the furniture store to let us have. He was so nice, well after Pru made him be, at least. Did I mention she has telepathic abilities. The leather feels nice, but worn; smart girl, got the used couch to avoid raised suspicion. Very smart girl.

As soon as I settle into the cushiony embrace of the couch, the door shattered into thousands of tiny splinters that fly through the air at sport-car speeds; as I watched in awe, the bits slowed to a point that almost made you want to pluck them from the air. "Take care of it Pru." I think and direct it to, the now obviously pretending to be asleep, Pru. 

Pru elegantly stands and tilts her head a little bit to the left, which was the key sign that we use in every practice/battle strategy that we've ever made;  it let me know to duck down, and I'm glad I do. She shoots both hands out sending a lightning bolt through the air and curves it over my head into the man, still moving in slow motion, making him shoot back full speed into the half-empty pool. We watch him lay atop a bed of ice perfectly matching his body shape, letting out slight twitches. She's too good.

"Nice one Pru" I say as I give her a half-hearted high five. We drag him out of the water and let him get a little less convulsing before Pru uses her telekinetic abilities to plant our location somewhere in the middle of the city that's about twenty miles away. Hopefully his boss didn't know his location before she zapped him. Pru flips him over so I can see his neck and I check his pulse we haven't killed him... yet. Apparently he's in intense pain and bleeding out of his nose. Some people, he broke into our home, swam in our pool, and we drug his sorry butt out of it when he had the need to try and drink the water. Now he's got the audacity to bleed on my porch. I guess demons have no manners.

________________________________________________________________