Chapter 2: The Missing

I dart up in my bed, doing a half flip, and landing on my face on the other side, on the hardwood flooring. I lay here for a minute contemplating life and whatnot, staring at all the scuffs and wear that have been put on the floor since we moved in. I think about all the fights and long journeys that always end the same; me barely able to lift my legs, shuffling my feet along the dirt on the floor, getting out of my day clothes and getting into my sleep clothes.

I finally manage to climb to my feet and drowsily find my way to my closet and pick out an old dingy brown colored logo-less t-shirt and a pair of faded blue jeans, because running through the woods with monsters made specifically to hunt you and shorts is not a good combo. I slip them on and before I can fully turn around, a waft of omelets blows though the room.

I walk down the hall looking at all of the pictures that Pru drew, that she insisted we hang on the walls, it doesn't really bother me because she isn't a bad artist. I finish admiring the kitten she drew and turn to see smoke billowing out from the kitchen door. I sweep the wooden plank right from the hinges.

I see the smoke coming from the oven where the biscuits were, apparently, burning instead of cooking. "Pru," I yell, "Pru". No answer, I wonder where she coul... my train of thought was wrecked by a pool of blood that my foot was half engulfed in. Someone hade been here and Pru was nowhere to be found.

Well I don't need to worry about Pru bleeding out. Considering that I don't think it's Pru's blood, but even if it is. The wound looks to be minor as long as it didn't come from the head.

I realized the full effect of the damage after noticing the claw marks on the conter and the bloody knife beside the maroon puddle and blood stained carpet.. Which means that the blood wasn't Pru's because she must've stabbed the "demons" and as he was falling he clawed the counter to hold himself up, to no prevail.

As the rage and fury seeps into my blood I storm to door and try to sling it open, stupid thing's jammed. I need this door open. I feel my eyes turning red from all of the hatred that I feel towards the villainous scum that took Pru rushing to my corneas. I see red and then, viola, through the door I run. The new door, I'll have you.

I rush through the door and find a crisp body laying on the ground. We'll now I know what was blocking the door. "Pru" I yell, hoping she was still nearby, "Pru", nowhere nearby then. I need to find this girl.

Just then, it hit me. The guy in the pool. I crouch down and try to slow my heart rate enough so that I can channel his brain waves. I feel my blood cooling, my mind slowing down, and yes, my heart beat slowing.

When I use my ability, all I can see is in third person. But it allows me to look around better. So I don't complain too much.

And what I saw I almost couldn't comprehend.