Chapter 14: Riding off into the sunset

It was the biggest day for the Abby Lee Dance Company as it was Nationals and in a town in Nevada called Reno, the van that had Abby, Shane, Lauren, Skye, Gianna, Megan, Sylvia, the moms and the girls arrived at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, the location of Starbound Nationals and after the van arrived at the entrance, they all exited the van with their bags and went in the building, Abby got them checked in and once they arrived at their dressing room, Maddie, Chloe, Brooke, Paige and Shane all began getting ready for their solos as Abby approached Shane.

"Shane, today is your last day as a competitive dancer and i'm so proud on how far you've come since i've been teaching you, also, you'll be going first since the teen division solos will be first, so go out there and make us all proud." Abby told her son.

"I will, mom." Shane stated.

Abby smiled at her son, then she turned serious. "All right, game faces on, get the energy going and psych out every other dancer when you get backstage."

"Got it." Chloe said.

Abby then exited the dressing room with Skye and Lauren following her to their seats, then the moms, Brookie and Mackenzie all headed to their seats as Gianna walked Shane, Maddie, Chloe, Brooke and Paige to the stage.

"Coming up next, in our teen solo division, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Learning to Fly!" The crowd applauded and Shane walked on to the stage, ready to perform his final dance as a competitive dancer and right from the start, Shane was dancing like there was no tomorrow and he was nailing all of his moves without any problems and at the end, he did a pose and the audience rose up and cheered him.

"Whoo!" Abby cheered and so did the moms, Brookie and Mackenzie.

"All right, Shane!" Lauren and Skye added as Shane headed off the stage and Maddie and Chloe hugged him.

"That was great!" Chloe told him. "I believe you've got this in the bag!"

"I agree and if that's not first place, there's something wrong." Maddie commented.

"Thanks and we'll have to find out when the solo awards come." Shane stated. "I know you two are gonna be great with your solos."

"Thanks." Maddie commented.

"No problem."

Next up were the petite solo division after several dances in the teen soloist division had passed and Maddie was warming up.

"Next up in our petite soloist division, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Manhattan!" Maddie headed on to the stage and the moment she went on stage, the music began playing and Maddie started dancing, she was really marvelous with her dancing and she danced until the music stopped, then she left the stage.

"Up next in our junior soloist division, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Another Season!" Chloe heard her solo be announced

The solo portion of the awards was next and the teen soloist division and places ten through two were announced and first place was about to be next, Shane had his fingers crossed and so did Abby, Gianna, Skye, Lauren and the moms as well and even the girls, who were all onstage as well had their fingers crossed because this was Dominic's last competition as a competitive dancer and they were hoping that he'd end it with the Teen Soloist National Title.

"I'm hoping he wins." Skye stated.

"Me too." Lauren agreed.

"I've got a feeling that he's got this." Christi commented.

"We hope you're right, Christi." Abby said.

"The first place Teen Soloist National Champion is..........Shane from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Learning To Fly!"