Detention

Chapter 53: Detention

"Is it true, Miss Forrest, that you yelled at Professor Umbridge?"

"Yes."

"Is it true that you told her the Dark Lord had returned?"

"Yes."

He pauses.

"Be careful, Miss Forrest. She is from the Ministry of Magic and therefore has nearly as much power as Professor Dumbledore."

"Yes, Professor."

"While your actions are understandable, you must not do that again."

"Yes, Professor."

"You are dismissed."

I left Professor Snape's office and headed to the Room of Requirement. I needed to burn off my anger. I started to train. I decided that this time, I would use nothing but my hands.

The following day, Harry and I had to go to detention. Just before I went in there Fred came to me.

"Good job on getting detention in your first DADA lesson."

"I kind of wish I hadn't put a reign on my magic."

"Apparently she doesn't think any student did that and that the wind blew them out or something."

"Well, she lives up to her nickname, then."

"Nickname?"

I gave him a side-ways stare and smirked.

"Dumbridge," I whispered.

I snorted. That made him laugh.

"The things you come up with," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Good luck in there, Cora."

"I'll be fine ... she's the one that should be worried."

As I enter the room I hear him chuckle.

"Ah. Miss Forrest. Take a seat."

Harry enters as I take a seat.

"Have a seat, Mr Potter."

He sits. We start pulling out our quills.

"Oh, dears. You won't be needing those. You'll be using rather ... special quills of mine."

I didn't trust her but did as I was told. She handed us each a quill.

"Miss, you haven't given me any ink," said Harry

"Oh, you won't need ink dear."

As soon as she said that I felt sick. I knew what it used.

"How many lines should I write," he said.

"Let's just say, write until it sinks in."

Harry started writing. His hand started twitching. I saw what was happening. I didn't write. Dumbridge turned to me.

"Why aren't you writing, dear?"

"This is child abuse," I growled.

"It's no less than you deserve."

I frowned. Then my face lit up. I had an idea. I started to write, but not the lines 'I must not tell lies'. Instead, I wrote a story.

'Once upon a time,'

My hand started hurting. I blocked out the pain.

'There was an ugly toad, named Dumbridge, that always dressed in pink. Everyone hated her because of the pink. One day, because she was so hated, she decided to hop to a new pond. But while she was hopping, a dog wandered across her path. When it saw her, it started bounding with joy. Its owner came over and saw the toad. The owner was so repulsed by it that they decided to run it over with their car. The toad was smooshed and it died. The End.'

My hand burned. I looked at it. It was a bloody mess.

Dumbridge looked over my shoulder at my hand. She smiled.

"I think the message has sunk in."

I smirked.

"You have no idea what I wrote, do you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Come read it."

She snatched my piece of paper. I watched as her face went from confusion to shock to anger. I grinned at her.

"How dare you! Why would you waste your precious blood on such obscenities?"

"Writing lines would have been a waste of blood. This, however, is worthy of my blood."

She frowned at me.

"You will have an extra week of detention for this."

I rose.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I warned.

"And why not?"

I looked at Harry.

"Leave," I mouthed to him.

I turned back to Dumbridge.

"You didn't take my words seriously, Dumbridge."

"How dare-"

I cut her off.

"You also didn't take my demonstration seriously."

"What are you-"

I cut her off again.

"Don't interrupt me. You have pushed my anger, Dumbridge. You've pushed it to the limits in only two days. I don't think I can control it anymore."

I turned to Harry again.

"Leave," I mouthed again.

He saw my face and left the room.

"You are a wicked woman. I recommend you stop giving me detention or I'll explode."

"I don't believe you. I suggest you stop threatening me or I will expel you. Then you won't be able to do magic because you'll be wandless."

"Who said anything about me needing a wand to perform magic?"

I clicked my fingers, bringing a flame. Her eyes widened in shock.

"I could set your whole room on fire right now if I wanted. Do you want that?"

I stoop over her. She doesn't answer.

"Do you?!" I yell, holding my fingers near the corner of her desk.

"N-no."

"Of course not. Now I suggest you stop giving me detentions if you want your room to say intact. Do you understand?"

She nodded her head.

"Excellent. Now then, I shall go and you will no longer expect me at detentions ever, okay?"

She nodded again and I left the room. I chuckled maniacally to myself.