Chapter 15: Suspicions

Veronica's P.O.V.

I had told my parents that I was going to spend the night at Sadie's house, letting them know that I was going to study with her. Thankfully, they let me.

So, I had packed an overnight bag and was on my way to her house. I already texted her that I was on my way.

I had heard from Addison that Wyatt was going crazy and snapping at all the other students. Of course, I just replied with a simple 'Okay' because I didn't want anything to do with them at the moment.

I just wanted to go to the only person that I needed at the moment.

Speaking of which, I saw her house in the distance and I drove by, stopping my motorcycle and turning it off. I took off my helmet, grabbed my things, and walked to the doorstep.

I knocked on the door and it opened, revealing Claire.

"Hi, Veronica." she greeted. "Hi, Ms-" I started, but she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"No need for that! I told you to call me Claire!" she said.

I smiled at her. "Hi, Claire."

She hugged me before leading me inside. "Come in."

I never told anybody, but I always felt a deep connection with Claire. Almost as if there was something between us that made it strong.

I hope to one day figure out what it means.

"Your parents already told me everything. Sadie is in her room right now. Luckily, we have a spare bedroom you can use for the night." she explained.

I thanked her and headed to Sadie's room, knocking on the door and opening it.

She was on her bed, listening to music from her laptop as she read a book.

"Hey, girl!" I greeted as she jumped and tossed her book.

"Bro! Not cool!" she said as I put my stuff down.

I ran to her bed and plopped on it as we began talking.

We got out our books and binders and helped each other do our Biology homework.

We spent at least two hours doing our homework and studying for our test this week.

"So, what happened at practice earlier?" she asked.

I froze as I closed my eyes. "Who told you?"

"Eliza did. She told me that you and Wyatt somehow got in a fight?"

I sighed before I turned and told her everything that went down.

From finding out Wyatt was my mate all the way to the fiasco that happened at school.

"Wait, so Wyatt is your soulmate? Huh. I kinda figured that out ever since you two met." Sadie explained.

"Then, why would you get super protective whenever he talked to me?" I asked.

"I'm your protector and best friend. It's my job, but seeing as you were happy, I decided to back off and let you live unless I had to come in." she explained.

"Can we focus on the subject here?" I asked and she knew what I meant.

"Listen, if Addison is this Great Alpha they believe she is, then Wyatt was simply admired and hopeful to have finally found the leader the pack needs. Think of it like meeting your idol. You look up to them and when you meet them, you feel admiration because they helped you be the person you are. It doesn't mean he likes her, he simply just wants her help because they believe she can save the pack. Wyatt freaking adores you, hell, would kill for you. Wolves mate for life, Roni, no matter who it may be. Don't jump to conclusions. Wyatt loves you and I know deep down, you want to accept him as your mate. Imprinting can have a strong effect. It binds you two together like magnets. One can't be without the other and whoever tries to get involved gets pushed back." she told me.