Chapter 16: Acceptance

Veronica's PO.V.

After my breakdown, I had passed out. Sadie left me to sleep, but came back 2 hours later to wake me up for dinner.

Once we were done, Sadie and I went to our rooms. She decided to give me some space for a while. I felt guilty for snapping at her, but I had already reached my boiling point. I couldn't control that.

I decided I would talk to Wyatt when I saw him again. I know that it probably wasn't a big deal, but it brought back so many and memories of me and Randall.

He hit on girls all the time and hit me. No one knew until Addison and Sadie saw the bruises I had on my arms. We broke up after he got in trouble.

I had changed into my pajamas and sat on the bed, going through my phone. It was then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said.

It opened and I saw it was Claire. "Hi, honey. Can I come in?"

It opened and she came and sat down next to me. "Are you okay?"

I shrugged and she placed a hand over mine."Sweetie, you can tell me what's on your mind."

Should I tell her? I mean, she is like a second mother to me.

"It's okay, you can tell me."

I decided to tell her and she ended up pulling me into her arms. It was strange, because I felt safe in her arms and I felt as if I knew this warmth from somewhere. It felt so familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

After a while of talking, she kissed my head and left the room.

I suddenly heard a tap on the window making me jump. I went to the window and opened it.

I saw him on the ground. "Wyatt?"

"Stand back." he told me.

I did what he said and he used his werewolf strength to pull himself up to the window and come into the room.

"I felt your pain. I had to come here to make sure you were okay." Wyatt explained.

"How did you-"

"It's a part of the mate bond." he cut me off.

I gave a half smile before sitting down on the bed. The werewolf sighed before kneeling down in front of me.

"Hey. Look at me." Wyatt told me as he put his fingers under my chin, making me look at him.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I should have explained everything first." he apologized.

"You don't have to apologize, Wyatt. I'm the one who has to. I'm sorry I got jealous. It's just-seeing you hold my best friend's hand and the way she reacted made me get bad memories I have fought to get rid of. That guy that you threatened at the library? That was my ex, Randall. He used to hit on girls all the time when we were together. He treated me like trash. He hit me when nobody was looking and I kept silent because he told me he'd hurt me. Eventually, Addison and Sadie found out and he got in trouble. I ended the relationship. Also, my family is keeping secrets from me and every time I ask them about it, they brush it off, scold me, and it irritates me. They claim that it's for a good reason, but whenever I have a secret, they try to pressure me to spit it out. It's just so complicated. I'm sorry for snapping, but I had no control over it." explained.

Wyatt's hands were clenched in fists and I heard him growl, his eyes flashing. He stood up and clenched his fists. Slowly getting up, I placed a hand on his back and he growled softly.

"That guy hurt you?"

"It was a long time ago, Wyatt. You don't have to worry about him now." I reassured him.