The fight

Sonny and Charlie just got back from getting the basic thing to get started with a puppy and when Charlie ran into the dog pen Whiskey jumped up on his back legs as he watched Charlie pull out a tug rope. Then she went inside and sat next to Sonny on the couch,"Does he like his toy?" He mumbled as he put is arm around, Charlie looked at Sonny but he didn't look at her,"Dad can we talk?" She whispered but Sonny was stuck in the t.v. screen so Charlie spoke again,"Dad can I talk to you please?" This time with a shouting tone but Sonny didn't move or even turn so Charlie grabbed the remote a flicked the pictured screen off, this got Sonny to react,"WHAT THE HELL CHARLIE?" He screamed as she just stood there stairing at him with tears starting to fall from her face, Sonny didn't know what to do simply because he didn't mean to make her cry ,"Charlie...oh...please don't cry.."Sonny calmy said as he stood up but Charlie was not going to stop, she tried to slip past him and he grabbed her wrist and replied,"What is wrong with you Charlie your acting weird?"
she said nothing and kneed him in the gut and once he lossed his grip she ran out to the garage and hid.
       Charlie came back in the house an hour later to her dad sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand looking at the floor,"Hey..Dad?.."She whispered but Sonny was not talking to her, he just sat there in silence so Charlie said what she had to say,"Dad i'm sorry." Then as she was heading up the stairs to bed Sonny replied,"Charlie next time if you need to talk just tap my arm or something and alway's remember that I love you! Goodnight." Charlie kissed him goodnight and headed up to bed, Sonny sat on the couch and had another beer.

When Charlie woke the next morning the sun was just rising so she rushed to get dressed and walked out to the old tree in the paster and watched it rise while she was nestled in its branches, when she went back inside there was a note on the count...

When Charlie woke the next morning the sun was just rising so she rushed to get dressed and walked out to the old tree in the paster and watched it rise while she was nestled in its branches, when she went back inside there was a note on the counter,"Hey Charlie I had to go to work and talk with my team I may be gone for a while if we have a job, but I will be back by the time your in bed so make yourself dinner and feed the animals please." Signed Dad
   So Charlie sat at the table with her bowl of what felt like bottomless cereal, while she put into order what she would do first, and number one on the list was feed all the farm animals and Whiskey then take him for a run. Charlie finished all her chores then she went in the garage and looked around for a fishing rode and a tackle box then she leashed Whiskey and they walked down to a small creek where she sat on rock and then lifted up another rock an found some worms and hooked one on, Charlie took another look back at Whiskey then casted the line into space because her mind wandered and she waited for something to bite and something did to she gentle yanked the rode and started to pull in the fish it was a small pond fish while She happily unhooked and placed back in the water. Charlie took an glance at her watch and looked at Whiskey,"Ready to go home boy?!" She said smiling at him as he bounced on his back legs, when the two finally reached the drive way it was seven o'clock they both raced down the drive to get to the house, Charlie grabbed some mac and cheese as she walk through the kitchen and placed it on the counter then she ran upstairs to jump in the shower and change her clothes into a long sleeve Nike sweater and some black spandex with gray socks and she put her hair back up into a messy bun then through a head band on to keep it up right.

 Charlie took an glance at her watch and looked at Whiskey,"Ready to go home boy?!" She said smiling at him as he bounced on his back legs, when the two finally reached the drive way it was seven o'clock they both raced down the drive to get to th...

  She ate her mac and cheese, when she looked at the clock it was almost eight so she walked through the kitchen to the back door to flip on the porch light as she was walking upstairs to bed she saw a picture out of the corner of her eye that she never noticed before, it was a small picture of her fther and two of is buddies playing horse shoes and talking about normal things that guys talked about.

   Charlie head upstairs to her bedroom and watched the time fly by but know matter how hard she tried she couldn't fall asleep, the house was still and different and something about it made her feel unsafe without the protection of her dad so Cha...

   Charlie head upstairs to her bedroom and watched the time fly by but know matter how hard she tried she couldn't fall asleep, the house was still and different and something about it made her feel unsafe without the protection of her dad so Charlie got out of bed and walked acrossed the hall into Sonny's room, were she pulled the covers back and crawled under them and once her head rested softly on the pillow she was safe and asleep.
   When Sonny got home it was one in the morning and he could just barely keep his eye's open as he walked into the silent house and softly stepped up the stairs, he pushed open Charlie's bedroom door and without a worry stepped lightly over to his room and pushed the door open and from the small light in the corner he saw the face of his beautiful little girl snuggled up in his bed with their dog, Sonny slipped out of his boots and took off his hat then layed awake next to Charlie in the large bed as Charlie started to move and twitch, Sonny gentley took her in his arms and held her close to his chest as they now both crashed in the night without a sound but the life beyond the house walls.

    Note: Sorry this one's kinda short and I can't write very well and i'm still asking myself why I keep writing...
M.G.C.