Chapter 10

Pic of Iqra

I look so pretty, I have to admit. Next is makeup. Walking back to the area and sitting on the chair, the makeup girl smiles at me.

"Very pretty dress you have there." She compliments.

"Thank you." I reply.

After putting my hair into a nice bun with a few pieces of hair curled, she applies makeup. I love it though when she pulls my hair back to make the bun. It's so ticklish and relaxing.

After the makeup, she lets me free from the bridal room and mama and Asma gasp. Asma's dress is red, while mamas is light purple.

"Let's go?" She asks promptly. "Sahil is bringing the bags in his car, so we just have to go to the hall now I guess. Dad is already there I believe and so are other guests. The bride comes in later, so everyone is probably waiting... Especially your hubby." Mama grins.
I rolls my eyes, now used to it.

...

The hall is very enormous and pretty, with sofas that are white with red cushions. The stage has roses everywhere. And there sits my husband, Abdullah. His Kurta is dark maroon, and he looks absolutely charming.

The lights go off and the music dims as I walk with my girl friends, mom, aunts, and family modestly. The rooms gasps and gazes at us walking to he stage.

Abdullah gazes at me, and the way he does it, I believe he loves me, I really do. I don't blush or look away. I gaze right back at him and he smirks.

They drop me to the stage then walk to their tables and sofas. The crowd cheers, the lights go on, and my nervous feelings have grown. The butterflies in my stomach fly and hit my stomach.

"Hey, beautiful." He grins.

"Asalam to you too." I smirk. The photographers take natural photos but soon they will have me and him taking romantic pictures in whom I will not be able to keep my laughter.

"Aw, baby, Wasalam. Wifey." He grins at me and I look down. He hit a soft spot. "Aw, look up, please?" Then he takes my chin and softly brings it up as the room fills with awes and oos. The photographers motions is to stay like we are and Asma literally winks and grins.

Ugh...

After the delicious dinner and ten thousand people coming to the stage and taking pictures, finally it's the niqah time. I sign the papers as Abdullah does too. One last step before we are officially a couple.

"Abdullah Khan, do you take Iqra Mumin as your duefully wedded wife?"

The qari says.

"I do." He smiles.

"Iqra mumin, do you take Abdullah Khan as your duefully wedded husband?"

"I- I do." I proudly say. Samra again glares at me and looks at me to him, me to him. I feel dizzy but I control and forget because, girl, you only get married once so enjoyyy!

The people cheer and mama cries while Sahil holds her. Baba holds them tight and proudly smiles, his jaw set as he is upset but very happy.

Auntie Shaheen leads me to the car with Abdullah beside me and my parents and family and relatives all behind us as we step outside. Sahil is crying now and babas tears are slipping.

I hug Sahil right, as mama comes and soon this is a group hug. My tears run out freshly, and Abdullah touched me for the first time, a gentle back rub.

After a few minutes, I break apart from Asma and my family, and hug Abdullah hard for support. He shushes me and gently pushed me into the backseat and himself beside me. He goes around to the other door, opens it, and sits. Zayn is holding Asma right whom is crying.