Losing My Mind (2) - What Have I Done?

The walk to the park was kind of quiet and long. I think Eli and I were both just stuck in our thoughts. I couldn't help thinking about how different he was around Chloe and I. He was always crude with his friends, and he was a massive flirt with the ladies, who lined up behind him. When it came to Chloe, Eli was so supportive of her, and with me, he was a jerk, but not for real. He was always there for me, honestly. When my dad died, I remember he made me a card saying that I could punch him one time for free if I wanted. It was one of the only things that made me smile that first week.

"Eli?"

"Yeah, Sky?" he said, sticking his hands in his pants.

I stopped walking and turned towards his direction. He walked a little bit further before he stopped and noticed I was not following him.

"I have never thanked you."

"What for?" he said with a laugh.

"Being there for me, Chloe was always there, but so were you. I mean, you weren't always the nicest. But when something dire happened, you always made sure that Chloe and I knew you were close by." I said, walking towards him. "Thank you."

"As I said before, you and Chloe are important to me. I will always try and protect you. Come on!" he said, moving his arm towards the park.

I just smiled big and ran past him. My favorite things at the park were the swings. I'm not sure why, but I just loved to sit there and close my eyes. The higher I got, the more all my stress and worries flew away. I sat down in the swing and closed my eyes. I began to push my feet, and I could feel my hair fly around my face. I leaned my head back and just breathed in the fresh air. I could feel my legs slow down, and then suddenly, I was stopped. My body jerked a little bit forward from the abruptness of the force that stopped me. I was about to open my eyes when I felt a hand rest on my face. I just froze, I knew who this was, but I had no idea what was going on. I opened my eyes just seconds before Eli's face came moving towards mine. I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him back a little and looked at his face.

"What are you doing?" I said, out of breath.

"I'm not sure yet." He said, looking me in my eyes.

I felt my heart fly into my throat. I had no idea what was going on. I looked up at Eli, and then I noticed something. He was looking at me in a way I have never seen him use. I wasn't sure what I saw in his eyes, but it made a smile spread across my face. I placed a hand on his face and slid it into his hair and pushed just enough for him to move into me. I closed my eyes just as his lips touched mine. I could feel sparks flying between our mouths as we kissed. I wrapped my fingers around his hair and stood up from the swing. Eli wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me completely into him. As his hands slide over my body and his tongue teased me, I remembered who I was kissing. I pushed Eli away from me, and my hand flew to my mouth.

"What did I do?" I said, shocked. "Chloe is going to hate me. Oh my god! I can't believe we did that!"

"Sky, I am so sorry." He said, walking closer to me with an arm reached out like he wants to touch my face.

I knew what would happen if he did that. I would cave in and just wrap myself around him because as I contemplated running away forever. I couldn't help but notice that tingling on my lips had not gone away. I have had a crush on Eli for years. I thought about kissing him a million times, but I never felt that it was ever going to happen.

"Eli, I have to go," I said with a quiet tone.

I turned around and just let my feet take over. I left Eli there in the park. I could hear him yelling my name and that he was sorry. But I kept going; I ran back to the party. I was standing in the front yard, catching my breath when I noticed the tingling was still on my lips. I placed my hand on my lips right where the tingling was and just closed my eyes. I couldn't stop picturing Eli. I was an idiot; my best friend was going to hate me. When I opened them, I just went into the house to find Chloe. When that utterly failed, and she was nowhere to be found I just made my way upstairs, and into the spare room, I would have gone into Chloe's room, but that was one place I didn't look because last I knew she was up there with a guy and I did not want to walk in on that if it was happening. I sat on the edge of the bed and started to take off my shoes. I was about to just crawl into bed when I felt that tingle again on my lips. I just placed my head in my hands and just felt awful.

 How could that happen with Eli?

What have I done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a little shorter this chapter but I plan on having a longer next chapter!

Please let me know what you think!

Vote and Comment Please :)