Losing My Mind (1) - Deserve Better

"SKY!"

I looked up and saw my mom walking towards us. I removed myself from under Eli's arm.

"You did amazing at your speech, sweetheart. I am so proud of you," she said, placing a hand on my cheek. "Chloe, I am so proud of you too. I can't believe how big you both are now," she said, smiling at Chloe.

My mom has been part of Chloe's life as much as Chloe has been a part of mine. She loves Chloe like she is her own. Chloe and Eli's parents aren't always around, so Chloe would always come and stay with me.

"Eli, you better take care of our girls tonight, okay?" she said

My mom knew about that party, and she wasn't very excited about it, but she was a lot less worried about it being at Eli and Chloe's house. She knew that I was safe with them, no matter what we did.

"I promise. The girls are in good hands." He said with a smile. "I will always look after them," he said as he looked right at me.

I held my breath as he looked at me, the smirk on his face growing as I looked away. I felt like he was messing with me because he knew how much I hated it.

"Sweetheart, go have fun, okay. Call me if you need anything, okay." She said, kissing me on the cheek.

"I will, Mom."

Little did I know that this stupid party was about to change my whole summer. It was about to make things a bit more complicated.

~3 Hours Later~

I felt like I choose the wrong outfit for this party. I had on a blue crop top and blue shorts that only covered the essential parts of my body. My blonde hair flowed over my shoulders in big thick curls. I felt like I was trying too hard. I probably was because Tyler was going to be there. Tyler Charles was the most popular guy in school. He was talented in the field as a football star and off. Tyler was charming and sweet. He always knew how to make me laugh at lunch and would walk with me to and from classes. He was supposed to be coming to the party, and Chloe was for sure that tonight would be the start of a summer romance.

"Sky! You look hot!" Chloe said as she ran into the room.

I started to pull at my shorts, trying to will them to be longer, but it was not happening.

"I don't know, Clo. I feel stupid."

"Sky, you look fine. Don't worry so much." She said as she grabbed ahold of my hand. "You overthink. You're beautiful, Sky I wish you knew that."

"Clo, I just don't know about this party. Maybe I should just go home, you know."

I was starting to get nervous. I felt like something awful was going to happen tonight, like I was going to make a fool of myself. I tend to do that when I am drinking. But I guess tonight wasn't just about me; it was about finally moving forward in our lives. We had graduated. We finished with the final step before college. It was so close I could touch it. We had two months until I was supposed to leave for college, and I guess I had to savor every minute of it.

"Clo! I got the liquor it is downstairs." Eli said, walking into the room. "Skylar, you need to put on some clothes."

I looked down at myself as I started to pull on my shorts again.

"Eli shut up!" Chloe said, smacking him in the back of the head "She looks great. You're just rude."

I started to laugh as Eli rubbed the back of his head.