Sacrifices to Make Things Right

Denise's Pov

I arrive back into my room.

(Dang it! I blew it all! Well, it doesn't matter because what I said is true. I have enough evidence to prove my mother's claim is true. Those men killed my father!)

After going to the store and getting a replacement phone, I call Takao & we meet up at the Cafe just around the corner.

(It's not the same as my old phone, but it will have to do for now. But seriously, I really need that phone back! It has something...special inside of it.)

Denise: Takao, if it's okay...I'd like to replace my mother's position in court.

Takao: Are you sure Denise? Everyone thinks you're dead.

Denise: No. Everyone thinks Carly Linette is dead. But, I can't leave her dead. It just wouldn't be right.

Takao: Are you saying you're going to...

Denise: It's the only way.

We sat there in silence for a while before saying anything.

Takao: Are you sure about this Denise? This isn't the only way.

(Then what other way is there?)

Takao: Look. I'll leave you to think about it and you can tell me what you've decided when you've reached a final decision. Does that sound fair enough?

Denise: Yes. It does.

A while later, after my talk with Takao ended, I left as I now sat beside the water fountain in the Tres Spades Garden.

I took out of my purse a piece of paper & I wrote down everything I felt.

I took lighter I found on the floor, lit it up and burned the paper.

(This somehow always made me feel better. Like some sort of relief would come to me by doing this.)

It was already getting dark.

(Oh yeah, I forgot that tonight, the I.V.C Convention is going on.)

I got inside to get ready.

Denise: This might be my only chance.

After getting dressed, (outfit above) I sneak into the I.V.C Convection.

I look at the stage to see there's no one performing tonight.

Perfect.

I sneak into the music booth.

Denise: Hi.

Tech guy: Hey. Your not supposed to be in here!

I throw a stack of cash onto the table.

He looks at the money then back at me.

Denise: Just play this song when I get on stage.

He nods.

I give my phone to him then leave.

I slowly make my way up onto the stage and up to the mic.

Denise: This is a song I wrote...not too long ago...shortly after I arrived to this beautiful Tres Spades Hotel in Japan. This song is about an important person in my life that I can't live without. Here is an original song called,
"The Heart wants what it wants. "

Music starts.

(Ignore the Spanish subtitles in the vid. I can read them but the song is in English so you can listen to it. It's the only vid that I could find that wouldn't take you to YouTube, but the lyrics are below in English. Just wanted to give you a head up!)