Chapter II | Childhood Part 1

The young cubs have all grown up, they are young and spend their day playing on the Pride Lands, none of them are left out, they all play together.

Malka, Tojo and Chumvi often stay together when they are not with the others and often take advantage of the calm to rest at the Pride Rock.

Tama and Nura stay with the girls and often invite Nala to join in discussions of girls not very interesting

The last group is composed of Simba, Nkonsi and Nala when she is not with the girls, the trio is inseparable. Simba and Nkonsi do not know that they are not really brother but no matter, Mufasa sees both cubs happy and that is all that matters to him.
Nkonsi is a little bigger than Simba, so he shows the example from time to time, without being as strict and annoying as Zazu.

( Nkonsi POV )

I just woke up and I can hardly open my eyes, the sun is not quite up yet that I hear Simba calling Dad to show him the Kingdom. I laugh slowly while pretending to sleep.
Daddy finally decides to get up, to show Simba the kingdom

Mufasa: "Nkonsi! Get up my son you come with us."

Nkonsi: "Me? Why Daddy , it is in Simba that we must show something not to me."

It was mostly an excuse not to go out and to be able to sleep a little more
Daddy looks at me and his face lets me understand that I don't have much choice

Nkonsi: "Okay, I'm coming."

Simba: "Yeah, come on Nkonsi it's gonna be cool."
Nkonsi: «Ahah next time tries to let us sleep a little more»

I still didn't know why Dad wanted to take me with them, I'm not the future King, I'm just Prince, and I could never get to the throne and that suits me

After a few minutes walk we arrive at the top of the Pride rock and the spectacle is magical

Nkonsi and Simba: "WOOOOOW it's beautiful"

Mufasa: Yes indeed it is beautiful. You see children all that is in the light is our kingdom. One day the light will go out on me and your Simba reign will begin."

At this moment I notice that Simba becomes all shy.

Simba: «And Nkonsi Dad, he is also a Prince, should he not become King»

Mufasa: "Yes, your brother is a prince, but you were chosen by... uh by ... the lions of the past."

Simba: "The lions of the past?"

Mufasa: «Yes Simba, but if something should happen to you, if you could not rise to the throne, your brother will take your place as King»

Simba: «But if nothing happens to me, Nkonsi cannot be king, what will become of him?»

Mufasa: «Well Nkonsi will be your advisor and he will always be there to help you»

I grab my brother and rub his head with my paw

Nkonsi: «That's true little brother I would always be there for you»

Mufasa laughs at us and reminds us that Simba must go to these lessons with Zazu
We all go back down. Simba says goodbye and joins Zazu by the river. Before my father goes back to these things I say to him:

Nkonsi: Dad! I... you... you said that if Simba couldn't rule, I should rule, and I don't want to become King. But if something happened to you, should Simba become King now?"

Mufasa: Don't worry, I know you don't want to be King, you told your mother about it and she told me about it, and that's okay.
No Simba is too young, would be my brother, it's your uncle who would take my place while Simba grows up.
Go have fun with the others. Have a good day, son."