Nine

Tobias' PoV:

It has been 2 weeks since the love of my life ended our relationship, but today is the Choosing Ceremony, which means I get to see her as "Six". I miss my Tris, when we were dating. Will and Christina haven't gotten married yet, and Shauna is having massive cravings for Dauntless Cake. I remember telling Tris about the Abnegation Attack, which was a week ago. She only stared at me, shook her head "no", and left. That broke my heart.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Today I have to pull a full poker face. I have to become "Four" again. Tris and I wait at the net, for the initiates. "Hey, Six," I try the new name. I am not overly fond of it. She stares at me, in my eyes. "Hey, Four." God, I hate when she says it. "Should we tell 'em that we were dating?" Six asks, and I shake my head. I turn to the net, and see a blur. It is black, and white. A Candor is first to jump.

Tris' PoV

Four pulls the Candor girl who jumped first, like I did, out of the net. "My name is Larissa," she introduces herself. I let Four make the announcement. He skips the "First Jumper" announcement. Did he do it for only me? Did he do it for me because I was a Stiff? The second jumper is a Dauntless Born Male. I see his eyes focus in my direction, on my chest. I scowl, and I presume Four does too, he focuses on Four, blushing wildly. "My name is Nathaniel. She, however," he looks in my direction, again. "Can call me 'Nate'," he winks at me, and I again scowl at him. "I'll pass," I say, trying to be casual.