06

CHAPTER SIXTHE DAY THAT WASN'T•••

CHAPTER SIX
THE DAY THAT WASN'T
•••

RAMONA DOESN'T LOVE THE THOUGHT OF THE WORLD ENDING. BUT HEY, THIS MIGHT AS WELL HAPPEN. How could she expect her life to end any other way than with a bang? Her death would have to be dramatic and heartbreaking. She wouldn't stand for anything less. She'd go on in history for centuries—the world would remember the death of the Magician.

Unfortunately, it looks like there won't be any world left to remember her. This won't do.

The group of siblings, minus Five and Vanya, sit in the parlor. Ramona lounges in a chair in slacks and a floral button up tucked in, cigarette hanging from her lips. She's fond of the style. Perhaps she should audition for a Harry Styles music video.

Allison purses her lips. "Three days?"

"That's what Five said." Luther sighs.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it." Klaus says from the floor in front of the couch, looking a little out of it. "He just left out the part about how soon."

"But can we trust him? I don't know if you've noticed but Five's a little . . ." Allison twirls her finger and whistles.

"Our little psycho . . ." Klaus smiles fondly.

Ramona glares at Allison. "He's telling the truth. I know it."

"Mona, I think you're a little biased."

"He's not lying." Ramona sneers. "I should know!"

Allison sighs in exasperation. "Don't try that with me. You've been suppressing your telepathy for years. You're smoking right now!" She gestures towards the cigarette.

"He was pretty convincing." Luther interrupts. "If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those two lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

"That's why they're after him?" Diego asks from a chair nearby Ramona.

"Yeah."

Allison leans beside Luther on the bar. "What did Five even see?"

"Uh . . . apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible." Luther pauses and clicks his tongue as he stands up. "Okay. So, here's the plan. Uh, we go through dad's research—"

"Wait, what?"

"Hold on, hold on—"

"Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick. What actually happened the first time around?" Klaus asks.