Christmas Day

CHRISTMAS DAY

I wake up suddenly, hearing a knock on the bedroom door. I sit up realising it is morning, it’s Christmas day. I didn’t sleep well last night, my eyes feel sore and swollen from my lack of sleep. I get up out of bed and drag myself over to the door. It feels weird waking up here for Christmas, I am used to being with Simon. I didn’t fancy flying to America this year and spending it with his family. I unlock the door and I find Louis stood at the other side. He looks nervous and I’m not surprised after last night.
The memories come flooding back to me from what he did and it makes me feel sick. The thought of him touching me and saying the things he did repulses me. I don’t mention last night and neither does he, neither of us wanting to make a scene. The last thing I want is Eleanor hearing us and finding out that her husband is a complete arsehole. I know she deserves to know the truth, but I’m certainly not going to be the one to tell her. It should be Louis who tells her if anyone.

“Erm Eleanor told me to wake you up” he says, darting his eyes all over the place, anywhere except on me.
“Ok thanks” I say, just wanting him to go away.
“Can we talk?” he asks quietly.

He checks behind him to make sure Eleanor isn’t near or that she can hear anything. I shake my head, I don’t want to talk to him. The last thing I want to do is relive what happened last night.

“Please” he begs.
“Ok two minutes” I say firmly.

I don’t want to give him any time, but I don’t want it to be awkward between us for the rest of the day. He follows me inside the bedroom and we both sit on the edge of the bed. I leave the door open, knowing it would look suspicious if we closed the door behind us and Eleanor came up.

“I’m sorry about last night, I was drunk” he tells me “I didn’t mean what I said about Eleanor, please don’t tell her” he pleads, staring at the floor.

Does he really think I would? I am embarrassed enough about it, so I’m hardly going to tell anyone.

“I wouldn’t do that!” I snap.

I am irritated with him and what he is saying to me. I can still see it though, the lust, which I had always mistaken as friendship and care. He never cared not for the right reasons, he always wanted something more and it was never going to be something I’d be willing to participate in.

“Thanks” he nods “If you did want to, me and you. I would, anytime”.

He looks away from me and I close my eyes, trying to pretend I haven’t heard him. How can he even say that after I clearly rejected him last night? He doesn’t say anything, he just stands up and he thankfully leaves without another word.

I stay sat on the bed, thinking about Louis and the things he said to me today and last night. I can’t believe he would even offer his advances to me again. I always thought of him as a big brother and all I can think now is our entire friendship has been based on a lie. It feels like he has only pretended to be my friend, so that eventually he could sleep with me. I honestly have no idea who he is or what our friendship meant to him.
I get up, deciding it is time to face the music. I stare at the bed for a moment, wishing I was waking up beside Harry. I really thought this Christmas we would be together, stupidly.
I go into the en-suite bathroom, showering and brushing my teeth. It doesn’t take me long to get ready. I just curl my hair loosely and put on some dark eye makeup. I wear some black skinny jeans, black heeled shoes and a red Christmas jumper. I finally look human, so I head downstairs to face Eleanor and Louis. My head still aches though, I shouldn’t have drank so much champagne. It always manages to give me a headache.
I find Eleanor in the kitchen, preparing the few things left for dinner later today. She smiles as she sees me and she rushes to me hugging me tightly.