[Chapter 11]

Mysterious Driver's Car

May 15

1100 Hours (11 AM)

Ben POV

I woke up to the sound of a bing. I opened one of my eyes, letting my pupils get adjusted to light before opening my other eye. I remembered the events of the previous few hours, and I tilted my head to the right, and I saw Erica was up already, and she was checking her phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Checking our location," she replied, showing me her phone. My eyes went to the longitude and latitude in the upper left and corner, and I instantly knew where we were. But I had one more thing on my mind.

"What was the bing I heard?" I further accused.

"That was me texting Cyrus to tell him that I'm alright," Erica replied once again.

"Anyways, there's no internet here, so can you look at the longitude and latitude and tell me where we are?" Erica said in business mode.

"We're in Washington D.C," I said, momentarily pausing to look out the window, "we're in a Walmart parking lot. My mom used to bring me here a lot."

Just then, the car door opened. I jumped and I thought that we were going to be capture by Spyder agents, but then I realized it was the driver. She closed the door and handed the First-Aid kit to Erica. She then turned around and realizing who she was, my jaw dropped.

"MOM???" I screamed.

"Yes Ben, it's me. Let me explain. First, what do you think my job is?"

"You work for an insurance company. Medical Insurance 6 to be exact." I said.

"The insurance part is just a cover. Combine the first digit of each word and it forms..." Mom said, and I realized she wanted me to finish it.

"MI6," I realized. My mind was blown.

I glanced at Erica to see how she was taking this, and even her eyes were a bit wider than usual.

"But, how did you find us?" Erica asked, still a little suspicious.

"Catherine told me that you had escaped from Spyder's base but you would need transport," Mom explained.

I then remembered that we had technically ditched Catherine at Spyder's base. (As I was writing this I realized I ditched my favorite character Catherine, so I had to fix this. Sorry Catherine) Erica must have been thinking the same thing because we slapped our heads in sync.

Mom, realizing what was wrong, said: "Don't worry, she escaped." We both let out a deep breath that we didn't even know we had been holding.

"Now, I'm going to go buy some groceries, so Erica dear, can you please stitch Ben's wound," Mom asked.

"Yes, Mrs. Ripley," Erica said, being respectful.

"Please don't call me Mrs. Ripley, it makes me feel old. Call me Sarah."

"Okay, Sarah," Erica said.

Mom clicked a button on the stereo system, and the glass of the windows for the car turned slightly darker.

"These windows are now bulletproof and one way. You can see out, nobody can see in." Mom said. I whistled in amazement. Mom nodded to show that she felt the same way, then shut the door.

"Are you surprised?" Erica asked me while looking at the supplies in the First-Aid kit.

"I still can't get over the fact that my mom's an MI6 agent," I said honestly.