[Chapter 9]

Underground Spyder Base

May 15

0005 Hours (12:05 AM)

Ben POV

I froze. Mr. E sneered.

"You won't get away this time!" Mr. E said, turning off the safety on his gun with an ominous click.

Just that moment, Catherine came into the room, saying "Benjamin, are you all right? I heard the safety of a gun being turned off..." then she trailed off, seeing the situation I was in. Catherine whipped out her gun and had it pointed at Mr. E's head.

"So you were never evil," Mr. E said, spitting in contempt.

"Looks like we're equal," Catherine said confidently, "if you shoot at Benjamin, I'll shoot at you. Besides, Benjamin still has his whole life with Erica ahead of him!!!!"

Despite the situation I was in, I blushed.

"We're not equal. I don't care if I die, as long as I take Benjamin down with me. So here's the deal. You two are going to come with me and I will confiscate your weapons and put you in my dungeon." Mr. E said, sounding like a villain from the Middle Ages. While Mr. E was speaking, Catherine looked at me and started doing the most repetitive and cliché thing of all time. She started blinking to me in morse code.

Attack in 5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

Then, I swept Mr. E's legs out from under him, and Catherine took the gun out from his hand and stored it in her pocket. She then hit Mr. E on the head with her gun. He collapsed. I was so happy that we could escape I forgot to check if Mr. E was unconscious or if he was faking it.

"Come on Benjamin, stop doing the default dance from Fornite and run!!!" Catherine said, grabbing my hand.

"Wait, one last thing. Do you know where we are? If you do, can you give me the coordinates?" I asked Catherine.

She nodded and showed me the coordinates on a piece of paper. Due to my level 16 maths skills, I instantly memorized them.

Once we started running, Catherine let go of my hand. We had one turn to go, and as I was turning I thought the only thing that would make this day more cliché was if Spyder agents were waiting for us to try and run away. Sure enough, there they were. 15 Spyder Agents dressed in complete black and heavily armed.

Catherine POV

They were about to capture us, but then Ben said something.

"Before you capture us, can I go behind the wall for a second," Ben asked.

The guard gave a rough nod.

Great going Ben, now you can escape!!!

A smile crept onto my face, but then I heard something from behind me that wiped it off.

"OH MY GOD! WHY GOD? WHY ME? WHY? WHAT DID I DO TO YOU THAT MADE YOU JINX ME? TODAY IS THE MOST CLICHÉ DAY EVER!!!" I heard Ben shout from behind me. I sighed.

I guess he wasn't smart enough to figure out that he should have run away.

Ben came back from behind the wall, but he was looking very happy.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked him while the guards were putting handcuffs on us.

"Because it feels good to let all my anger out," said Ben, who seemed calm for once.

Probably from spending time with Erica!

Catherine was looking at me like I was crazy, giving me a You should have escaped look. I just shrugged.

At this moment, the guards put blindfolds of my eyes and nudged me forward. The spun me around a bit to confuse my sense of direction. After that, we walked for around 10 minutes, and then I was put into a chair. I felt my blindfold get pulled off of my face, and a light shining into my eyes. I squinted to get adjusted to the light, but when I finally could see I saw that we were in an interrogation room, with plain white walls all around me. I tried to move, but then I realized they had tied me down to the chair. At this moment, Mr. E came in fuming.

"YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR ALL THE TROUBLE YOU CAUSED SPYDER," Mr. E screamed.

I didn't say anything, I just shrugged. Mr. E got even madder, if even possible, but then calmed down after a second.

"I had a special interrogator hired for you. But we can do this the easy way, too. Tell me the passcode to the CIA Mainframe Computer." Mr. E said.

I was confused for a second, but then I realized what he was talking about. He was talking about the password in the dictionary of the Principal's office. That memory reminded me of something. I have to tell Erica she still owes me that hug.

I stared straight into Mr. E's eyes and said, "No!"

He looked angry, then he smiled. "Okay then, I'll leave you here a while and then come back later to ask you again," Mr. E said, turning his back on me and strutting towards the door.

TIMESKIP (7 HOURS LATER)

I was still sitting in the chair, counting the number of seconds I had been here. So far I was at 26,000 seconds. This is so boring. If only Mr. E would walk in right now.

Right as I said this, Mr. E walked in. I can use my cliché curse towards my advantage!!!!

"Now, will you tell me the passcode to the Mainframe Computer," Mr. E asked patiently.

"NO!" I shouted.

"Okay then. Let's bring in the special interrogator. Come in!!!" Mr. E shouted to the guard at the door. The guard nodded, and then brought in the interrogator.

When I looked at who it was, my heart sank. It was Erica.

"Can I please go behind a wall for a second?" I asked the guard at the door. He nodded.

Erica POV

As soon as I walked inside, Ben's expression turned sad. I almost felt bad for him. But anyway, I have a job to do.

Ben asked if he could go behind a wall for a second, and I thought he was going to escape, but then I heard something.

"WHAT IS IT WITH THE HALE FAMILY AND BEING EVIL??? I AM CURSED!!!" I heard Ben scream.

I sighed. I guess he wasn't smart enough to figure out he should have run away.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

- Cookie