Chapter 4

Me, Brian and Lisa had researched about the life of moths to find out more about the Mothman itself. I had already knew a little bit about moths but a refresher couldn't hurt, in fact it could probably help me stay alive incase the Mothman wanted me dead. As I already knew moths were very similar to butterflies with mostly minor differences.

We found out that some moths eat clothing. I think I already knew that but it was still weird to know that it was true. We also learned that moths are supposed have an antenna that looks like a feather and that moths are fluffy. The Mothman didn't have antenna, clearly signifying that the Mothman was really different from most moths. I wasn't so sure that it had fuzzy hair along its body so that was something I would have to find out later.

Thinking of touching the Mothman was a thought that gave me goose bumps, instead of fuzzy it might feel wrinkly. Another important feature we found out that if a moth's abdomen (their butt) was long then it's a male, but if it's short than it's a female. I never actually thought about that before. What if the Mothman was actually a Mothwoman? That wouldn't real change anything but I suppose it would be good to know.

After researching about Moths we all went home. I really hoped Brian and Lisa wouldn't leak this to the press. If the Mothman wasn't outright hostile to me then it must not be that dangerous to begin with. The only way to be sure though would be to see it again and see what happens. Perhaps not the best idea but there really wasn't anything else I could do except leave it alone and never go looking for it again, but that wasn't gonna happen.

I decided that I would go back to the TNT area tomorrow and confront the Mothman again, and this time I told Brian and Lisa instead of not telling anyone. They had both wished me luck.

The next day before going out to look for the Mothman I decided this time that I would bring it canned beans and canned peaches. Even though the Mothman is really big it's still a moth and moths tend to eat things for their liquids. Even knowing that though I am gonna bring sandwiches with me to see if it prefers them to the canned food.

The other day Brian suggested that the next time I see the Mothman that I should take a picture so that's what I'm gonna do. Luckily my parents bought a Polaroid camera that I could use to take pictures but of course I wouldn't tell them what I was photographing. With everything I needed I took my bike and headed towards the TNT area, the supposed home of the Mothman.

I had biked over to the TNT area. The road this time around leading to it was covered in a thin layer of snow. I had placed my bike against the same tree as last time and went to the bunker where I found the Mothman. The doors were open when I found the bunker. I thought that maybe the Mothman would be there but all that was there was dry blood stains, likely from the fox that the Mothman killed.

There were also the containers that I had left with food in them for the creature. They were empty and I put them in by backpack to take home. Since the place was empty I decided I'd look elsewhere. Maybe the Mothman stayed in all the bunkers changing each night, or maybe just goes to them to eat in private.

Was it possible to find it again? Last time I just got lucky when I was ready to give up, but maybe it will see me as not being a threat so it won't hide. Since I gave it food it might think of me as a source of food and it will come to me. That would be scary if it just came out of nowhere and went towards me.

As if on cue I heard a big whoosh sound and looked upwards behind me to see what it was. No way was it a fighter plane. Then suddenly a giant black object came down like an asteroid and landed right in front of me with amazing speed. I was so startled that I fell back on my bum and scooted backwards a bit. The big black object was the Mothman, I knew it was because of those giant red eyes, and honestly, what else could it be.