Familiar Shadow

The producer known as Suga sat on the bank of the Han River while being mildly annoyed at the sun for burning too brightly even when there weren't many hours until Sunset. He was irritated with everything since the first second he stepped out of Jimin's apartment and headed home. He had the sensation that the taxi driver was not driving properly, that the traffic was way too busy for the weekend and that he should have chosen to be anywhere else. The possible source for the peculiar state of mind might have been the fact that he knew Dae was waiting for him for a very serious talk.

The moment he pushed the door open, he knew Dae came to the hallway. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was ready to bring him down. Problem was, he was conscious that he deserved it and had been a jackass.

"You slept at his place, didn't you?" she asked stiffly without any other polite introduction.

Yoongi understood he was in the wrong but her attitude ticked him off even more. He let his keys fall with a heavy sound on the small table near the door. "Hello to you too, Dae..." he grunted, trying to avoid her to the best of his abilities.

She didn't move an inch. "You said you'd come home but you spent the night there..." she stated as if he was on trial for murder and the prosecution was simply reading his infractions.

"Yes, Dae..." he said with a harsh tone but regretted it the very next second. "Look, I was drunk and it was late... and..." he took in a deep breath as he saw she was not moving to grant him full access into the house after he took his shoes off "It's not like I went to a brothel, ok? I was just out at a friend's. What's so wrong in that?" he explained as he evaded her gaze.

Dae huffed and her dark bangs fell over her face as she tilted her head. Her frame was small, smaller than his and her long hair reached her elbows like black waterfalls. However, anybody could have been deceived by her frail stature. She was not weak, but outspoken, unapologetic but also oddly sweet. There were various reasons why Yoongi had fallen for her, but she was a handful if angry or insecure. Their similar personalities were their strongest bond and most pressing problem because neither of them knew the full extent of the word "compromise".

"It depends... did you sleep with him, because if you did that is nothing different from a brothel?" she casually asked but there were knives hidden behind every word.

Yoongi tried to ignore her and pass by, yet his chest clenched. He was cornered and he was tired. Lying was not a thing he was ever particularly fond of and the truth did not aid him in feeling less uncomfortable. He could feel his anger simmering as she blocked his way again when he wanted to go around her to get to the dormitory.

"Ugh, I slept in the same bed as him not with him, Dae..." he moped, hoping that it the truth would be his liberation. Maybe if he came clean in court, the jury would go easy on him or, at least, that was his reasoning. "And please stop insinuating things... You're making a fool of yourself." He added.

"Oh, so I'm just supposed to be ok whenever you sleep with your gay friends?" She spat out.

Her tone and choice of words walked a thin line. He knew he would eventually blow his top if she continued but it was apparent that she wanted the fight to happen. Being harsh was not her most attractive virtue.

"First of all, he's bisexual. And second, I can't believe you said that knowing my orientation..." he replied as he stilled in front of her, holding is ground.

"Precisely because I know. You say you're pansexual and I understood that as much as I could but you're with me now. We discussed this..." she added.

"And I did not cheat on you! I told you everything about my friends when we started dating. You said it was ok with you. What happened? Why are you like this now?" he asked. It wasn't the first time when a statement Dae made about sexuality triggered a fight.