Pillows for Sleeping

The edge of the sink offered vital support as he wobbled stupidly from one side to the other in an effort to regain balance and, if possible, some dignity. He assumed he held marble in his hands and he expected more than just pity or coldness. Maybe he expected the divine? The night had progressed to be a sinister mess but Jungkook couldn't say that he was surprised with everything that happened. He may have had also broken his previous record of the "getting drunk and being lame on the JK scale". Was it acceptable? No. Was it needed? Also no, but there he was, drunk in a bathroom, thinking of Him.

The soft droplets of water falling from his wavy curls made no noise when they splashed on the surface below. Even if they were shattered, no screech came from their distancing. He wished he didn't open his mouth to Yoongi and then he could have been just like the water – unbothered by the change of whatever form it had in its lifetime and maybe he could have also been completely unknown. Anonymity meant protection as curses and acceptance could not follow the Nameless.

The dizziness had stalled somewhere along the way but his stomach clenched from time to time. He looked at himself in the mirror of the bathroom, not particularly excited about what he saw but, as a glorious interruption, Yoongi appeared in the doorframe handing him a full bottle of water while checking his clothes for stains.

Jungkook giggled and the sharp headache reminded him that he wasn't by any means sober yet. More than sleep was required to shrug off the happenings of the night and the maknae wasn't even going to protest if it would have meant a total wipe of his memory.

"I can't believe... you held my hair while I puked..." he mumbled as Yoongi closely followed him with dimmed eyes to be able to quantify just how much water Jungkook drank from the bottle.

His hyung just scoffed as he gently pushed him outside and back between the slumbering tables and chairs of the restaurant and up the stairs to Jimin's small apartment just over the establishment. Naturally, as he went up the stairs he gradually understood what Yoongi was doing. He was offering his place on Jimin's couch and then going home since he was soberer and probably still able to pick up a taxi. The wave of protests from Jungkook's side didn't manage to persuade Yoongi not to go ahead with his plan but the both of them did manage to wake up Jimin who showed up from his room, rubbing his eyes with a closed fist just like an adorable cartoon character, pouting in the baggy t-shirt that covered his boxers.

"What are you two doing?" he asked just as Yoongi realized that the coach had already been prepared for him with clean, bluish sheets and a soft white pillow to match. He allowed himself two seconds to take in the soft inflections in Jimin's voice and ignore the struggling and babbling Jungkook in his grasp.

"Hyung, let me go... I... can... get home... Look, you woke up Jimin hyung for nothing..." he said and hoped he sounded a bit more convincing for the boy who stared at them. He hoped he could get Jimin on his side if he let him unto Yoongi's plan. We thought it was safe to say Jimin would want Yoongi to spend the night so he would have him released and able to head home and possibly stop embarrassing himself. "He thinks I am too drunk to get home. He wants me to stay on the couch and leave... not acceptable, is it?" said a snickering Jungkook, faking every hint of worry he wanted to add to his sentences.

The boy approached them and rubbed the top of his scalp. "Jungkook, for starters, I agree with him 100%, you are drunk enough. You've just said more words now than you did the entire night, a sign that you're too chatty to be sober. And, secondly, why don't you both stay?" he asked in a low voice. "One of you will have the couch and the other can sleep with me. My bed is massive..." he continued as he looked at the wooden floor, refusing to see any objection that might have come his way.