Chapter 5, Part 1

Ian's P.O.V.

As soon as her breathtaking green eyes met mine, I froze. She was so beautiful, the red mark from her cheek was gone and now I could see her smooth, ivory skin perfect. Her long brown hair fit perfectly around her face, her cheeks full of color. She is the most perfect thing I have ever seen.

"Um. Who are you?" She asked coldly. I was instantly hurt. Why was so she cold? Did I do something? Then her face changed into a smile and my lips turned into the hugest grin imaginable.

“Hi! My name is Ian Markison. I am new to your school." I informed, still grinning hugely. She just smiled back, which of course made my heart do a million summersaults. "Whats your name?" I asked, then her expression changed into shock. What’d I do?

"Me?" she softly replied, looking at me as if I had bugs coming out of my ears. "I'm Hannah Beack." Hannah. Hannah. Hannah. What a exquisite name! Just like her.

"Is this for me or something?" She questioned, pointing to the banana bread. I nodded happily.

“Oh! Yeah, that's for you. If you want it?" I replied, hoping she would like it, still smiling. She smiled shyly at me, picked up the bread, and took a bite. I could tell that as soon as her lips touched it, that she liked it. Hannah looked like she hasn't eaten in a while either. I hope that isn't on purpose. That she just forgot to eat this morning. I couldn't help, yet again, to smile. She was so perfect, she will make a wonderful mate.

She gave me a funny smile and giggled. Her laugh was like music to my ear, like the sound of an ocean, or the melody to a lullaby. Simply wonderful! Then it was cut off my someone calling her name. It was the guy from the counter. He frantically waved her over from behind the counter, hissing her name. How dare he take my mate from me, she's mine!

"Excuse me." Hannah said to me before standing up to go talk to this man. When I got a closer look though I recognized him. He was the mate of my mother’s friend. Interesting. What interest would he have in my mate?

I watched my mate walk over to him. I could tell she was sad about something, but what? "Is it time?" she asked. Huh?

Sam, I think that’s his name, responded, "Are you okay? Your cheek..." Sam's voice trailing off. Hannah just shook her head.

"No, I'm fine. Just my new step brother." Hannah whispered sadly. Her step brother did that to her? He is going to have a talk with me, maybe a few broken bones too.

Sam’s expression changed. He looked angry, just like I was. Then he let his breath out through his teeth, making a small hissing noise. "Yeah, it's almost 5. I would hurry too, don't want to get in trouble." He said quietly. Sam probably didn't want any humans to hear. I wonder if he knew who I was?

Why would Hannah get in trouble? And how could she get in trouble? It's not like anyone would hurt her, well besides her step brother who I will have a talk with. Then I heard Hannah sigh and she turned and walked back over to me. I didn't want to seem angry with her, didn't want her to be afraid of me, I need her to trust me. So, I smiled, but she just started to pack her things up.

"Where are you going." I requested, giving her a sad and puzzled look. I really knew that she was going home, but I didn't want her to know I was eavesdropping on her conversation. The sad look was real though, I really didn't want her go leave, ever. She took a deep breath before answering. Hannah looked a little pained to have to leave. I hope it was because she wanted to spend more time with me!

"Yeah, my step dad will get angry if I'm not home on time." Hannah answered. She had all her things in her bag now and was ready to leave. Her facial expression was still sorrowful, like she was worried about something. I wish I knew what it was? I bet it is because of her step brother. I held back a growl.

“Okay. Can I give you a ride home at least?" I offered hopeful. She just shook her head.

“No, it's okay. I can walk. I live close anyway. Thanks though." Hannah smiled once more and turned to leave. I wish I could hold her in my arms and tell her everything was going to be okay. That she was safe with me. I wish that she was more happy, not this sad, hurt, hollow girl. I need to find out why she is like this, find the person responsible for her sadness and make them pay.

Snapped out of my wishful thoughts, I noticed she was gone. I was about to follow when someone shouted my name. I looked over to see Sam. He was gesturing for me to come over, and to hurry, like he had with my mate. I gave him a puzzled look, glancing  back at where my small mate had disappeared, but did as told.

"What?" I asked as I got over to where he was behind the counter.

"I know you. You’re Ian Markison. Do you know who I am?" Sam questioned, giving me a knowing expression. I just nodded, not sure what was going on. Why was he talking with me? I should be following my mate, making sure she is okay.

“Good. That girl, Hannah, how do you know her?" He pointed to the door she just left from. If he was mated with a werewolf, he probably knows, so I might as well tell him.

"She is my mate. Why do you ask?” He gave out a huge breath air, signing.

"Thank God! You needs to help her! Follow her! Don't let her know though, just protect her." He said quickly, shooing me away with his hands.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, honestly confused.

“She's in danger." Sam said looking me straight in the eyes. That was all I needed to know before I ran out the front door of the store.

“I'm coming my angel. I'm coming.”