Chapter Fifteen

God knows how long I'd been waiting for this day to arrive. 'Graduation' the time we would all part ways and get to see what the future held for each and everyone of us. Life was becoming more and more interesting as each day passed making me more positive that I was heading the right direction.

I woke up earlier than usual that day, I guess you can tell I wanted this so bad. Don't get me wrong I like school, I'm actually good at it...but I wanted to taste the outside world for once. It's interesting how we all grow up without even noticing, first grade feels like yesterday compared to where I am today. I was just tired of sitting in the same chair everyday being taught things that I already knew. It's time I explored and saw things from a different viewing perspective.

"We should get going now," Clio said reminding me to fasten my pace. "Don't worry... I'm almost done," I responded. "We should go downstairs, Christian is already waiting for us," Clio added.

Conversation between lisa and Dad( Mr Matthews?

Dad: There's my graduation princess.

lisa: Daad stop, you are going to make me blush.

Dad: C'mon you have Christian to do that, I'm just a man telling his daughter what she should know.

Lisa: Ncaw Dad, you are too nice.

Dad: I try...please have fun today, but not too much. See you there.

Conversation ends

•••●•••

“We’re off,” Clio announced to my dad while Christian and I were already waiting in the car. “So what are you planning to do for celebration?” Christian asked as he started the car. “I don't know, maybe read a book or watch a documentary.” “Boring!” Christian and Clio shouted at the same time. “Well its nice to see you both still have a thing.

” I teased with a laugh, and they both went “ew!” and started laughing along. “I have another idea on how we should celebrate, but you have to to wait until graduation day is over.” He said, and I replied “Well I'm not going anywhere so, sure thing.”

Oh yes, did I mention I was the one giving the speech? Yup. Your girl had earned the title of valedictorian after coming out top in the class. Dad was so proud... and despite all of the drama I had endured. They could have chosen anyone else but they chose the quiet girl who got accidentally famous for being involved in something almost as bad as a sex tape.... okay not that bad but still.

“Attention, attention,” the master of ceremony called out to everyone asking them to pay attention to me as I was about to start. I stood at the podium and took a few subtle breaths to calm myself before beginning. "Ladies and gentlemen, college times are built to build a student...” I stopped mid-sentence when I realised how boring this speech was going to be. A wave of unexpected confidence and passion washed over me suddenly and I found myself throwing away the script and stepping out from behind the podium.

I was going to freestyle.

“Okay to be very honest with you all, I don't even know what I'm doing here... I mean most of you don't know who I am and the few of you who do probably just know me as the quiet awkward girl. But as I stand here in front you today..."

It’s funny how I cannot remember anything else I said after that. But I do remember the way people applauded, some impressed and some not, but I didn’t care. I was just happy to have remained true to myself and gotten through the speech without dying of embarrassment.

Graduation rolled on smoothly after that; degrees were conferred and by the end of the ceremony, we were all _officially_ graduates.

“So... graduation day is over now,” I said to Christian, trying to drop a hint and remind him about what he’d said earlier about having something planned. He simply smiled and said, “You are wearing the surprise.”

I was confused.

I gave him a puzzled look and briefly checked myself for any new clothing items that may have magically appeared on my body before I returned my gaze to him. Christian chuckled at this and looked at he fondly then said “Check in your hat, Liss.”

Confused still, I took off the hat and peered inside. The corner of what looked like a piece of paper was peeking out from the lining inside the hat. I tugged it gently and out came _two plane tickets to Brazil_.

My heart stopped. This was the place my mom was born, but... how did he know all this? This boy was certainly spending a lot of time with my dad, and at this rate he was going to end up knowing more about my own mother than I did. I looked up at him, “But will dad allow me to go?” I asked, already feeling doubtful.

“We bought these tickets together.” he replied. “So what are we waiting for then?” Clio asked, seeming to have popped up out of nowhere. I jumped slightly when she spoke up, but that mini fright could not overcome the pure joy I felt in that very moment. “Let’s go then.” I said, breaking into a huge smile.

It started to fade when I realised something though. Someone had to drive us to the airport, and the only person I could think about was dad... but It felt weired having your dad driving you to what could have been a date. My clothes were also still in the house, which I really didn’t want to go back to because of the previous issue. I told Christian all of this, and he simply said “I also don't have mine, let's just see how we survive.”

To be continued in next chapter