Chapter One

Christian Parker, only God knows how long I've had a crush on this boy. He must know it because he always uses this road everytime on his way to school but that's far from where he lives. Ever since he got his licence he has been driving by our neighbourhood almost everyday.

The sound of the door opening snapped me out of my thoughts, as I realised I had gotten carried away. Again. "Arrghh I really am a mess for this boy," I sighed as I reached for my phone to check the time. My eyes shot open and my legs jumped into action when I realised I was going to be late for school.... again. I couldn't get anything right, I scolded myself.

An hour later as I was walking into class praying Miss. Davis, the teacher wouldn't notice. "Kind of you to join us, Ms. Liss," she said injecting fake sweetness, before her voice turned harsh, "But there'll be no need for that, this is your third and last punctuality strike. I'm sure you know the way back home." She barked, her eyes shooting daggers at me, before turning her attention back to the books she was marking.

Involuntary tears pulled up in my eyes, as I turned on my heel before awkwardly shuffling out of the classroom, my tail inbetween my legs with anger and disappointment running through me.

From a distance heard my name being called out, didn't pay attention as I was positive It was one of the voices in my head. Craning my neck I saw Christian behind, me asking me to come back to class. With no hesitation at all, I slowly walked back to the classroom.

Miss Davis stopped me as I approached the door to ask me what was the reason behind me returning. The moment she saw Christian behind me she instantly went quiet and and granted me passage into the classroom.

I joined the others, caught up with them and submitted all the work that I had received, despite being unable to focus as I was still thinking about what had just happened in the morning. School ended and I thought it would be nice of me to go thank Christian for his compassion. As I approached him our eyes connected but not for long because he quickly turned back to his friends.

I called his name and no response was given, gathered up the courage to call again for the second time and that's when he turned to me and rudely asked "What's your business here?" My heart instantly shattered, and I started questioning his compassionate behaviour from earlier.

I rushed back home as quickly as I could, went inside the house, didn't even greet my dad and went straight to my room. All the happy thoughts that I had centralised on that day went sideways and I felt stupid and useless.

I had an emotional breakdown just like I almost always did when I was upset. Dad had become familiar with this so he came over to check on me. I had to lie my way out of this as it was a petty story, so I just said I wasn't feeling well and I went to sleep.