Part 3

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter?" an unpleasant voice sneered.

Anne whirled around recognizing the voice. It was none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Famous Harry Potter! Can't go into a bookstore without making the front page," Draco remarked crudely.

"Leave him alone!" snapped Ginny Weasley glaring at Draco.

"Oh, look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend!" Draco drawled. Ginny went scarlet as Anne rushed over to defend Harry. She scowled at Draco ready to give him a piece of her mind when a tall man with long blond hair and cold gray eyes appeared behind Draco.

"Now, now, Draco, play nicely," the man chided. It was Draco's father Lucius Malfoy. "Mr. Potter. We meet at last." He extends out his gloved hand. "Lucius Malfoy."

Harry reluctantly took his hand, shaking it. Mr. Malfoy pulled him forward and peered at him, his metal cane brushing the hair off Harry's forehead, revealing his scar.

"Your scar is legend," Mr. Malfoy commented. "As is the wizard who gave it to you."

"Voldemort killed my parents," replied Harry coldly. "He was nothing but a murderer."

"How brave you are to mention his name.....and very foolish."

Hermione stepped forward. "Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself."

Mr. Malfoy turned his attention to Hermione. "You must be Miss Granger. Draco's told me all about you. And your parents-'' he glanced at Hermione's parents who were talking with Anne's. "Muggles, aren't they?" He then turned to Ginny. "Let me see....red hair.....vacant expressions.....tatty second hand books. You must be one of the Weasleys." He then turned to Anne who had been standing uncomfortably behind Harry. "And you must be Anne Borden. Draco's told me of you as well." He peered at her intently. 

His scrutiny made Anne even more uncomfortable. "Is something the matter, sir?"

Mr. Malfoy straightened up. "Forgive me, my dear girl, it's just you remind me of someone.....someone....familiar..."

"Anne!" Andromeda interrupted suddenly. She rushed over and grabbed Anne's arm. "We have to go! Now!"

Anne was surprised to find her foster mother tense and uneasy.

"Anne! Now!" Andromeda urged strongly. She gave Mr. Malfoy a cold look.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Malfoy," Anne managed to utter before she was pulled away. "Bye, Harry! See you on the train!"