Chapter 9: Jedi Master

The weekend went by far too fast but fairly similarly to his first week back in Beacon Hills; text messages back and forth with Jackson, piles of homework (completed on a new desk he'd convinced a reluctant Derek to buy him), occasional visits from Cora and nightmare-filled sleep.

He had spent a lot of his weekend wandering around town with a picture of Laura to no avail. Hardly anyone had seen her around town which was particularly concerning. He had made a second attempt with Derek to get the sheriff station involved which had ended, once again, by him being shot down. Derek seemed confident that they could solve their problems alone but as his brother dropped him at school, marking over a week since they arrived in Beacon Hills and Derek beginning his search, Clark didn't share his confidence.

"Scott McCall, Clark Hale. Clark Hale, Scott McCall." Almost as soon as he stepped out of Derek's car, Clark was ambushed by Stiles' introductions as he waved his hands around between Clark and Scott. It immediately made sense to Clark as to why Derek had dropped him off so far from the doors of the school.

"Yeah, Stiles, we've met," Clark reminded him but flashed a friendly smile in Scott's direction to keep Derek happy. Derek seemed content enough to see the interactions had begun as Clark heard the car reverse out of the spot behind him. "Last week. You were there."

"Right but that was before we knew your secret," Stiles responded animatedly whilst Clark watched Scott's disinterested eyes scan the crowd of students gathering outside the school before the start of the day. He was obviously looking for someone. "Now you can be, like, werewolves-in-crime."

That statement caught Scott's attention, his eyes returning to focus on the two boys around him as Clark stared at Stiles, unable to find an appropriate response. "Werewolves in crime?" Scott repeated slowly and questioningly.

"You know, like partners in crime but werewolves," Stiles explained badly but seemed oblivious to that fact, nodding his head eagerly.

"In crime?" Clark decided it was his turn to repeat Stiles.

"No. Not crime!" Stiles responded as Clark and Scott shared confused looks. "Never mind, forget werewolves-in-crime," Stiles waved his arms dismissively as he prepared to start over. Clark folded his arms and stood watching Stiles expectantly whilst Scott frowned at his friend. Stiles pointed at Clark. "You've been a werewolf for long enough that you know how to control yourself on a full moon," Stiles' pointing finger moved to Scott, "He can't. But you said on Friday that Scott can do that too once he learns how to. So you can help him, right? Like the Obi-Wan to his Luke."

Scott appeared completely lost again as soon as the Star Wars reference came up meanwhile Clark stared at Stiles in disbelief. "Oh don't tell me you haven't seen Star Wars!" Stiles exclaimed at Clark.

"I've seen Star Wars," Clark informed Stiles. "Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master when he taught Luke. I'm far from that. I've not long learned control. You want your werewolf equivalent of a Jedi Master? The one I know is missing. Derek is the closest you're going to get."

Scott looked baffled whilst Stiles didn't appear to agree with Clark's suggestion. Clark turned and began walking towards the school building whilst Stiles hurried after him, followed by Scott, protesting, "Derek? In case you've forgotten, he bit Scott."

Clark smirked, Stiles' protest reminding him that he hadn't set Stiles completely right with that. He stopped near the steps up to the door and turned to face the other two again. "How do you know I didn't bite Scott?" He proposed, deciding to mess with them. It was just too fun.

Stiles looked taken aback by that suggestion, his eyebrows furrowing as he put genuine thought into the possibility. Scott, meanwhile, did not look convinced. He stood facing Clark with a knowing look on his face. "I confronted him. He didn't deny it."