Chapter 4: Haywood and Argent

"I thought that class was never going to end!" Clark complained as he left his Chemistry class with Jackson and Danny. Unlike his first day at Beacon Hills High School, his second day was dragging and he had finally made it to lunch. That class had marked the first time he'd seen either Scott or Stiles since first thing that morning. He had made a point of saying a brief 'hello' after the way he'd ended their earlier conversation before taking a seat at the table with Jackson and Danny.

"That's how Harris' classes typically feel," Danny told him as the three of them made their way towards the cafeteria.

"Make that everyone's classes," Jackson corrected. His old friend was certainly in a better mood than he had been after the Lacrosse practice. Clark had noticed, however, that Lacrosse hadn't come up once in their hushed conversations at the back of the Chemistry class and assumed that Danny was purposely avoiding the topic. Clark had picked up on the odd suspicious glance Jackson had sent in Scott's direction during the lesson and accepted that avoiding talking about Lacrosse was a good call.

They reached the cafeteria and Jackson led the way through the cafeteria and around a lot of free seats until they reached the table that Lydia and Allison were already sitting at with a few guys that Clark vaguely recognised from previous classes and Lacrosse.

"Clark, this is Kyle Anderson," Jackson introduced him to the first of the two guys that Clark didn't know by name as the three took their seats at the table. Kyle, Clark observed, had a very stereotypical jock appearance about him. He was well-built with broad shoulders and well-defined muscles which just screamed 'hey, look at me, I work out!' 

"And this is Jamie Abbot," Jackson introduced him to the second guy. He certainly wasn't as muscular as Kyle and wasn't as conventionally good-looking; he had pale skin which was only highlighted by his jet black hair and the dark clothes he wore.

"You were the one who actually managed to score past McCall yesterday, right?" Kyle observed, prompting Clark and Danny to share a knowing look with each other, well aware of how Jackson was going to respond.

"McCall was obviously cheating," Jackson maintained his argument from the previous night, fully believing it too. Clark inwardly groaned; the last thing he, or Scott, needed was for Jackson to be suspicious of the transitioning werewolf.

"I don't think he's the type to cheat," Allison spoke up to defend Scott.

"Yeah," Lydia agreed with Allison, "He probably spent a lot of time practicing over the break."

"No." Jackson argued, his tone harsh. "You don't get that good that fast."

"Perhaps he's better in goal than out on the field," Clark made an attempt to decrease Jackson's suspicions.

"I hope not," Danny spoke up, somewhat unhelpfully Clark commented in his head, "I don't want him taking my position from me."

"He's going to end up taking someone's position," Jamie joined the conversation and Clark was left slightly surprised when he picked up on the English accent that Jamie had.

"No he's not," Jackson argued, his three little words gaining him the attention of everyone sat at the table. "I'm going to expose him before he even gets near anyone's position." Clark sighed at that statement; it was only twenty-four hour ago that he had been complaining to Scott and Stiles about the lack of drama in the school.

--TW:H--

"Are you still available after school?" Allison asked as she and Clark walked into their history class behind Jackson, Danny and Jamie.

"Of course!" Clark confirmed.

"Need a lift?" Allison offered as she took her seat.

"That would be ideal," Clark took the offer without needing to think about it. The high school was on the outskirts of the town and he wasn't feeling the trek after how long the day had felt. "I'll meet you after class," he told her before continuing on to the back of the classroom to take his own seat.