Chapter 8: The Goal of All Life is Death

"Waiting in a life full of little stories for a death to come," ~ ?

Kiara and Aaron return the camp to see three extra people. Kiara tenses as she studies the three. There are two men and one woman. One man looks like he could be in his fifties while the other looks like he could be in his early twenties. The woman is probably in her thirties with dark hair and a face full of stress. The older man who is bald, with a white mustache, looks up when Aaron and I approach. The other man, who looks a little more our age than in his twenties, has blonde hair and green eyes.

"Kiara!" Brandi says, jogging over to us and a flicker of curiousness passes through her eyes, "Aaron! We have some newcomers, as you can see and, uh, they have some...interesting stuff to say," Kiara looks past her friend to study the three people once again.

"Well, let's hear it then," Kiara says and walks over to them. Samara and Jacob stand behind the three people, weapons drawn and ready to kill the newcomers if they tried anything. Kiara bends down in front of the people and smiles softly.

"Hi," Kiara says softly, "my name is Kiara. I'm sure that you have meet my friends?" The people's eyes flicker over to the surrounding teens before returning to Kiara, "I won't hurt you. I just want to hear what you have to say," the woman clears her throat and closes her eyes, as if thinking about what she has to say.

"We want to help you," she says, looking Kiara in the eyes to prove she is telling the truth, "we don't agree with what Kani is doing and we want to stop him. And if we do stop him, we can take you guys back to your families," this catches everyone's attention. Kiara's heart skips a beat. She doesn't remember her family and she really wants to meet them.

"Go on," Kiara says slowly.

"You guys have your elements and we know the inside of that ship. Half of the crew there is against Kani, but remains silent for the sake of their lives, while the other half supports Kani full time. Now, you," the woman nods to Aaron, "water boy, you are important to this plan. With your power over water, you can easily wash the enemy in the deck into the ocean. While the others and the crew take over the ship from the inside," Kiara looks back at Aaron and looks around at everyone else. They could go home. Now is their chance. She turns back to the trio and sighs, knowing what everyone has decided just by looking at them.

"We'll do it,"

~~~
A/N:
Next chapter or the chapter after that will be the last one. I feel like I made this book go by too fast. I'm not going to drag it on with multiple boring chapters just to reach twenty or more chapters. But, the next book will be better and longer.

Thanks for Reading!
~NZ