Chapter 7: I'm Not Perfect, But I Am Thankful

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have," ~ ?

🔥Kiara🔥

Kiara glares at the door to her cell in disgust. She doesn't want to go back in there. Never. So, when they were closer, she head butted the kid behind her and kicked her foot backwards and upwards in his family jewels before running off, anywhere other than that cell. She finally manages to get the cuffs off by burning them while running. She rubs her wrists and pauses, looking at her surroundings. She spots one of those weird things these people use to try to kill her and her friends. It was a smaller one. She picks it up and realizes how heavy the thing really is. Her pointer finger falls into a small area with a curved thing poking out. She hears feet and looks up to see a middle aged man turn the corner. He sees her and his eyes go wide as he fumbles for his weapon. Kiara raises the weapon and aims at the man. She pulls the little curve thing and the metal thing kicks back, startling her. It makes a loud sound and something flies out the front of it. Soon, the man crumbles to the ground, bleeding from the chest. Kiara stares at the thing, shocked. This thing is powerful! She then runs down some more halls before running into someone. She steps back and raises the thing, preparing herself for the kickback.

"Hey! Hey! Lowering that thing, Kiara!" A familiar voice says and Kiara looks up to see Aaron, smiling a bit, looking nervous. Kiara lowers the thing and her lips slowly form a reassured smile as she runs and hugs Aaron tightly, tears welling up in her eyes. Aaron wraps his arms around her, and rubs her back as she silently cried, happy to be back with her friends. The others walk up behind them npand catch the two. Brandi smirks and thinks of a cheesy way to ruin the moment for them.

"Hey, lovebirds," she says, "you can kiss later, after our lives aren't in danger," Kiara and Aaron step back. Kiara blushes a bit while Aaron stands there awkwardly.

"Put the gun down, ma'am," a voice says, startling them. Kiara turns around and raises the weapon, apparently called a gun, up and aims at the voice. The others draw their weapons and glare at the five newcomers, each one with their guns drawn. Kiara then makes a wall of fire, large enough to distract them so we can escape.

"Where do we go?" Kiara asks, running with the others.

"This way," Samara says, leading the group. Aaron grabs Kiara's hand to make sure she doesn't get separated from the rest of the group. They turn corners sharply, trying to avoid killing as many people as possible. They soon find the exit, and they surprisingly escape. They run for miles until the reach the opposite end of the island. Kiara stops and tries to catch her breathe. She eventually lies down on the sand, staring up at the darkening sky. The others struggle to make a fire, not wanting to bother Kiara.

"No no no!" Brandi says, annoyance in her voice, "you have to create friction by rubbing the sticks together hard!"

"Brandi that sounds just plain wrong!" Aaron says, making a face towards Brandi, who sticks her tongue out at him before going back to help Elliot with the fire.

"I'm rubbing these two sticks together has hard as I can, Brandi!" Elliot says loudly, clearly frustrated, "and there is no heat on them!"

"Ew," Samara says softly, giving Elliot a weird face, for which he ignores, while Aaron tries to hide a smirk, which was unsuccessful since the two sticks were thrown at his head. Kiara smirks to herself from her spot on the sand as she listens to the others argue. She then decides that they have suffered enough torture so she flicks her wrist and the small fireplace erupts into flames, making Elliot scream out and fly backward, trying to escape the flames, while Brandi laughs at him. Kiara sits up and rubs the sand from her hair and she watches her friends talk from a distance. She stands up and goes for a walk, enjoying the night. She walks along the shore, careful to not step in any water. She sits down under a palm tree, staring out at the ocean.

"Do you ever wonder what it is like out there?" She asks, "off of this island?" Not looking back at the person behind her.

"Yes, and no," Aaron says, "I want to explore out there, but I don't want to leave because this island is like a home to me," Kiara smiles to herself as Aaron sits next to her. Kiara breathes in the ocean smell and smiles.

"I wish I could swim," she says softly, staring at the waves crashing against the surface. Aaron looks over at her, "I mean, I think I can swim, but I just wish my element wouldn't stop me from swimming," Aaron looks away and looks at something in his hand before returning his gaze to Kiara, who stares at the ocean. He hands her the object in his hand and she looks at it curiously. She looks up at Aaron quickly before looking back. She reaches out to grab the object, but Aaron grabs her hand and slides it onto her ring finger. The object is a silver ring with a light blue jewel in the center. The sides are twisted around the jewel. Kiara admires the ring in awe and confusion.

"What's this?" She asks softly, looking up at Aaron.

"It's a ring," he says, shrugging, "it will allow you to swim in the water as long as you are wearing it," Kiara's confused face turns into an excited face as she hugs Aaron sideways. The side of her head rests on his shoulder as her arms warp around his chest. She clears her throat as she sits up again.

"I'm sorry," she says, laughing at herself, "but thanks. For the ring, I love it," she gives Aaron a smile, which he returns.

"Let's go swimming," he says, standing up. Kiara looks up at him, confused.

"Right now?" She asks, standing up slowly, "at night? What about sharks?" Aaron chuckles.

"Yes, right now, during the night," he says, "and don't worry about the Sharks, I'll protect you," Kiara nods and blushes a bit as she follows Aaron to the shore. He walks right in. Kiara couldn't help but noticed how the water calms when he walks through it. Kiara looks down and her eyes widen a bit as the tide comes in. She flinches a bit as the cold water touched her bare feet. Instead of searing pain, she feels nothing. Just the shiver through her body. She smiles a bit as she walks deeper, enjoying the coolness of the water. Aaron walks up to her and smiles

"What d'ya think?" He asks curiously. She looks at him and smiles.

"I love it," she says, "thank you again," Aaron nods and gets lost in her eyes in the moonlight. Kiara blinks and turns and stares into his eyes. Aaron places his hand under her chin and lifts her face up to his. Kiara leans in as well and they both stop and hesitate a second, each lost in one another's eyes. Aaron then breaks the distance and meets her lips with his. Kiara closes her eyes and puts her hands on his chest as she returns the kiss. The, under the moonlight, fire and water made up their differences and unites as one.