X: Aftermath

Azlin wakes up to a splitting headache. She groans and reaches up to massage her head as if somehow that'll help, not daring to open her eyes knowing that the light will only make it worse. The last time she'd woken up like this was probably way back in high school, when she still wasn't wise enough to avoid the alcohol from whatever party Cher had dragged her into.

How much did she actually drink last night?

As she waits for her headache to subside, she fumbles around the bed for her phone, but instead, her hand collides against something. Confused, she opens her eyes. She immediately sees Ben lying on the bed beside her, his head propped up with one arm as he watches her in amusement.

"Ben...?" Azlin blink several times, partly wondering if she's still dreaming.

"Yes, babe?" he answers in his deep, husky voice.

This snaps Azlin out of her daze and she abruptly sits up.

The first thing she checks is if she's in her own room. She is.

The second thing she checks is if she's still in her clothes from last night. She's not. She's now wearing tank top and shorts; her usual night wear.

Gasping, she hugs herself protectively and looks at Ben.

"Did... Did we...?"

He gives her a naughty look for a few seconds, but then bursts out laughing as he shakes his head. "No, no. Don't worry. Nothing happened. Cher was the one who brought you home last night."

Azlin sighs in relief.

"You were deadass drunk." Ben chuckles as he sits up as well. "I was kinda hoping that you'll get crazy or do something embarrassing so I can have something to blackmail you with, but you were quite a well-behaved drunk. All you did was complain that you have to go home because you have work tomorrow. Although I was wondering... how could you get drunk with just 2 bottles of beer?"

"I don't usually drink," Azlin huffs at him, but then the headache kicks her in the head again. She groans and buries her face into her hands. "Fuck, my head hurts."

She feels the mattress shift as Ben moves closer to envelope her in a back hug. He gently kisses her temple as if to kiss away the hangover.

"Cher actually stayed with you all night, but this morning she said she had to go to work, so she called me over to look after you and help you pack up." He narrows his eyes at her. "You haven't told me you're bound to leave L.A tonight."

"Oh, right..." Azlin bites her lip guiltily. "Well, my initial expectation was that you'll still be in London when I leave, so I thought it wouldn't really matter..."

"But fortunately for you, I'm here." He gives her a small squeeze. "And even more fortunate, I'm also scheduled to fly back to London, so we can go to the airport together tonight. So for the meantime, I have the entire day to spend with my girlfriend."

Ben smiles cheekily as his eyes trail down to her lips. At the mention of that word, memories from last night floods back into her head. She remembers how they confessed their feelings to each other. How they kissed; how his lips tasted so sweet against her own and how his embrace made her feel so warm and safe, like she fit so perfectly in his arms.

And she remembers that she's already officially in a relationship with Ben Hardy.

Now, as she looks at how Ben is staring at her lips, she realizes how dangerously intimate they are positioned on the bed. She remains still, feeling her heart start thumping harder in her chest as she realizes he's leaning closer. And just like last night, sparks seem to ignite between them as soon as their lips touch. However, this kiss seems a lot more gentle; slow and sweet like a beautiful morning kiss, making her feel all fluttery and hazy as if she's drifting back to a wonderful dream.