three; banana pancakes

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to see Matt still passed out cold with one of his arms flopped over the side of my bed. I quietly got out of bed and started to open my door to go downstairs when I heard Matt's raspy voice, "hey where you going?"

"I was just gonna go make you breakfast but I guess I won't anymore since you don't want me to leave," I said turning around to look at him sprawled out in my bed. His hair was an absolute mess but he quickly put on his beanie to hide it.

"Whoa, hold on. I never said I didn't want you to leave," he whined. "I am really feeling some banana pancakes."

"That's what I thought," I laughed as I walked out of my room.

I arrived in the kitchen and started to get out the ingredients to make Matt's favorite breakfast when my mom walked in.

"Hey sweetheart," she said placing her hand on my shoulder. "Did Matt stay here last night? I know banana pancakes are his favorite."

"Yep, he's just getting up. He should be down here soon," I replied.

"Tell him I say hi, I have to go to yoga class. Also, make sure to make some pancakes for your brother, he loves those," she shouted at me as she walked out to her car.

"Will do!" I shouted back.

I mixed up all the ingredients and was pouring my first pancake into the pan when Matt came up from behind me and pushed me on the back.

"Boo!" he half laughed and half yelled.

"Dammit Matt! You made me fuck up this pancake, it's all misshapen now," I complained.

"It's fine, I'll eat that one," he reassured me.

I continued to make pancakes and Matt sat down at the bar waiting for his breakfast. Before he sat down he got the butter and syrup out so he would be prepared when the pancakes were done.

"What do you wanna do today?" he asked.

"I was gonna do the bio homework but if you have a better idea let me know," I responded.

"I want to go to Sonic," he quickly spoke up.

"Interesting choice considering you haven't even eaten breakfast yet but I'm down," I said placing a pancake onto one of the plates sitting next to the stove.

"I don't wanna go right now but I'm just really craving a slushy," he defended himself. "Maybe we can go around lunch time."

"Sure, but we are gonna do the bio homework first, I don't want you to fail your first semester of high school," I replied.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes.

"Your order is up Mr. Champion," I said in a British accent as I sat a stack of pancakes in front of Matt.

"Why thank you Ms. Moore," he copied my tone and dug into his stack of pancakes.

•••

An hour later Matt and I were deep into our cell structure bio packet when he spoke up, "I know we aren't finished with the homework but can we please take a break to go get slushees?"

"I guess so, but you have to promise me that we will finish this when we get back," I said sternly.

"I pinky swear," he replied holding out his pinky to seal the promise.

"Alright, let's go!" I said enthusiastically, getting up from the floor where I had been working on my homework.

Sonic was about a ten minute walk from my house so we set out on foot to reach our destination. Matt was beyond excited to finally get his slushy but he was trying to decided which flavor to get.

"Should I get the green one or the blue one with the nerds in it?" he asked my opinion.

"We both know you are gonna get the one with nerds in it regardless of what I say," I teased him. He was such a child sometimes.

"Your right," he admitted. "Well what are you gonna get?"

"A cherry limeade slushy," I replied. "That's always my go to."

"You should try something new sometime," he said jumping off of the sidewalk into the street.

"Maybe I will then," I said in a snarky tone.

"Good," he smiled.

"Good," I repeated him.

"Sooo," he dragged out the word. "I think we should talk about last night. I know it was late and everything so you can back out of the deal. It was a really stupid idea I had and I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It's fine, but a deal is a deal. I'm not backing out so if you want the pact to be off then you'll have to back out of it yourself," I responded. I never backed out of promises and I wasn't going to start now. "I think you should owe me something though if you loose your virginity before then."

"Oh so we are gonna make our virginity pact into a virginity bet now?" he questioned.

"Yep!" I replied. "I want you to buy my a cherry limeade slushy if you loose your virginity before my 17th birthday."

"And if I don't?" He asked.

"In the rare case that you don't, I will buy you a stupid nerd slushy. It will pain me to support your childish habits but I'll do it," I responded.

"You're on! Let's shake on it," he said sticking out his right hand.

"Deal!" I said shaking his hand.

•••

The whole walk back to my house Matt was happily skipping around with a blue nerds slushy in his hand and a huge smile on his face. He hadn't been this happy in a while because of his mom so I just took in his infectious smile while it lasted. I couldn't believe how a slushy could make him this happy but I wasn't complaining.

When we got back to my house we went up to my room to continue working on our bio homework. This time I sat on the bed with Matt instead of sitting on the floor like I had before we went to Sonic. I didn't have a desk so I always just ended up doing my homework in bed.

I sat on my bed and pulled a blanket over my body sticking my arms out just enough to write on my homework.

"Are you cold or something?" Matt questioned.

"Yes, I'm always cold Matt, haven't we established this already?" I remarked pulling my blanket up further.

"Here, you can wear my hoodie," he said taking off his grey hoodie and placing it on my lap.

"Thank you," I smiled as I pulled the large hoodie over my head.

•••

Matt and I finally finished our bio homework and it was time for him to go home. His mom had been texting him all afternoon so he figured that he better go take care of her.

I got up out of my bed and started to take off the hoodie when Matt spoke up, "you can keep that, it looks better on you anyways."

"Thanks," I blushed putting the hoodie back on while trying to hide my red cheeks.

"Bye, I'll see you Monday," Matt said as he flashed a smile and walked out of my room.

"Bye," I waved still blushing a little. He had never complimented me like that before so it caught me off guard a bit but it made me smile more than anything.

a/n:
Heyy, I'm back finally 🙃

I came up with some ideas for this story so I'm planning to write more now btw (: