4.i cant keep running away

*pt2 of regret *

As cookie stood in the middle of her penthouse drinking her wine she heard her phone go off again. 48 text messages and damn near 60 missed calls from Lucious. It had been almost a month since the last time they'd seen each other. She needed a break his words cut deep she needed a moment to sort though the mess.

He had blown up her phone since the second week she left. As her phone ring again she looked down and saw Candaces' name float across the screen. She answered and took a deep breath and spoke "hey what's up Candace ". "Cookie have you still not talked to Lucious yet". Candace blurted tired of being in the middle of their issues. "Chile no and I'm not going to and why in the hell are you worried about it huh?!" Cookie said with strong anger dripping from her tone. Candace always had something to say about their relationship so why was she so worried now?

As cookie started to talk Candace started first. "I'm worried about y'all cookie. Yea I don't always agree with y'all's decisions but I do care" Candace stated with sincerity but before cookie could even speak another word there was a knock at her door. "Candace I'll call you back I gotta go".cookie said in a rush and before Candace could say another cookie hung up.

As cookie walked over to the door and opened it in walked the last person she wanted to see right now. Lucious Lyon.
Lucious walked though the door clapping his hands while looking her up and down turning to face her and spoke. "Bravo stupendous you win you win. He said Sheakley like he was on the verge of tears. The movers came you done got it out ya system you gonna come home now cause I-I-.he stuttered even after years of being around her she was still the only one to make him stutter. what do wot want me to say? I'm sorry...I'm sorry you-you win are you gonna come home now.

She looked at him in amazement and annoyance before speaking. "Cause you get off on treating me like crap. Cookie stated pausing before she continued. You don't feel right unless I'm there for you to punish!? Naww I'm cool Lucious. She started while walking away and grabbing her wine. You don't have carte Blanche over my house anymore hunny them days are ova so you might as well walk right on back out. Cookie said sipping her wine while waving her hand in dismissal. 

Lucious turned and walked towards her and started speaking again.
"Look man you said some stuff I said some stuff but that's what we do and then we-we work it out". He managed to get out trying not to piss her off more than he already has. "I'm tryna get us back on the same page baby ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS ARE YOU COMING HOME OR NOT?! Lucious belted out the both of them getting more irritated by the second.

"OHH COMING HOME HAHA..YOU WANT ME TO COME 'HOME' NOW LUCIOUS AFTER WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY MESALY $400,000 no sir I'm tired..I'm tired of getting crumbs and beggin for what's rightfully mine. So you win..you win  Lucious you win BRAVO BRAVO TO YOU LUCIOUS cause I'm tired. She breathed out as Lucious's eyes started to gloss over.

He just stood there taking it all in.He couldn't move she had always made him weak in the knees and a lump  form in his throat. He stared down at the floor before looking back up at her as she continued.
"I'm tired I'm done I'm done talking,I'm done walking,I'm done PREACHING, CRYING,PRAYING,MY KNEES ARE TIRED LUCIOUS!!. She said slowly letting out all her pent up anger,pain,and sadness letting him know how he made her feel. 

It felt great finally getting it all out and just letting it flow. Lucious just stood in amazement he finally knew how she really felt and he couldn't even form a sentence to apologize or anything. The lump in his throat started to burn from holding back his words and tears. 

His heart started to drop to his stomach the more she spoke.
"Plus you did this all by yourself right,no help my SEVENTEEN YEARS MEANT NOTHING ". Cookie stated breathing deeply putting on her shades and continuing. "You enjoy your life,live your biggest life,baby cause that's what I'm bout to do"she said walking by and bumping him in the process on her way to the door.

he turned her way once again and looked at her in astonishment,shock and sadness. she opened it and started speaking again. "Oh, damn you know, o need to tell these people to stop letting riffraff up on my floor. Oh,help yourself to the rest of that Champagne to the empire. she shouted walking out the door.
YOU BETTA GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! He blurted out walking towards the door to catch her.

"Cookie come on now just let me explain?!" Lucious said with a firm grip on her arm. "What Lucious! what could you possibly say that'll change my mind or see this situation differently".
"I'm sorry ok really I am I need you I miss you." Lucious blurted out. Without you "I've been miserable I'm losing myself without you. There is no Lucious without cookie". He managed to get out to her. Cookies eyes glossed over because of the built up tension around them.

"Lucious I cant keep doing This with you. She cried out to him. Every time you pull me I'm and turn your back on me Lucious I just-" cookie was cut off by Lucious kissing her deep and passionately.
They melted into the kiss while Lucious pulled cookie closer to him and snaked  his arms Around her waist. 
"Mm... Lucious I have to go I can't do this". She uttered  out against his lips.

"Cookie please I need you by my  side I know I fucked  up. Let me make it up to you baby please". He stated looking down into her eyes and then resting his head on hers. For once she felt his words but did she wanna go back down that road? His words and eyes felt sincere not she wasn't sure.her heart took over And let her mouth speak. "Ok Lucious..but we have to do this the right way". She whispered towards him making him  sigh in relief.
I'm serious if we're gonna do this we have to

A couple hours later....
As cookie trudged back to her penthouse and walked inside she saw Lucious fast asleep In her bed. she watched him stir under the blanket as if he could feel her presence. She changed into some night clothes and and found her way under her warm soft sheets. Lucious adjusted his position and pulled her into him. Cookie melted into his body and fell asleep,for tomorrow would be the start of an improved cookie and Lucious Lyon.

-
-
Hope y'all like it lmk in the comments how it was☺️