22

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

▬▬▬▬   ♡ ⋆ .༉   ▬▬▬▬

ADELAIDE AND KLAUS WENT TO BED AFTER THEIR LITTLE ARGUMENT, she was slowly dying and she knew it. Before Klaus came home, she coughed up a lot of blood, Hayley and Rebekah came running in to find her on the floor, her hand covered in blood while she was coughing on and on. Adelaide made them promise her to not tell Klaus about the little incident, they were reluctant at first because they thought that Klaus deserved to know but then agree when they saw the pleading look on her face.

Adelaide slowly open her eyes and there in front of her was Klaus, the love of her life. She brought her hand up to his cheek and slowly caress it. On instinct, Klaus nuzzled into her hand and let out a sigh but didn't open his eyes. Her lips twitched into a small smile as she watch him sleep. Most people would say that staring at someone while they're sleeping is creepy but not Adelaide. She thought it was romantic, she was simply gazing at his beauty.

"Mmm." Klaus mumbles in his sleep, he move closer to Adelaide and nuzzle his face in her neck. He breathe in her scent and wrapped one of his arms around her waist. Adelaide slowly caress his hair, her fingers playing at the ends. She stayed there in thought, wondering what would happen to him after she's gone. Will he go on a rampage? Blame himself? Now that thought haunted her, she never want him to blame himself but there was a small part of her that knew he was going to blame himself.

"Good morning." Klaus mumbles against her neck sending chills down her spine. A smile grew on her face as he removes his face from her neck. "Good morning."

"I'm sorry about last night." Klaus whispers, tucking a loose hair strand out of her face. Adelaide grabbed Klaus' hand and place a kiss on his palm, "It's okay, Nik."

"Still." Klaus says with a sigh, "I feel bad about it." Adelaide raise an eyebrow and smirk a bit, "Since when did Klaus Mikaelson feel bad about his actions?" Klaus let out a laugh before giving her a small smile,

"Since I met you." Klaus mutters. Adelaide's breath hitches, her heart warmed and she never thought that she could love him even more. "Come on, get ready. I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?" Adelaide asks with furrow eyebrows. Klaus gave her a cheeky smile and caress her cheek lovingly, "Yesterday when I was out, I bought something." Adelaide gave him a blank look, "Please tell me you didn't buy something extremely expensive."

"I would be lying if I say no." Klaus smiles nervously. Adelaide let out a gasp and slap his shoulder, "Nik!"

"I promise it's a good gift!" Klaus laughs, "I know that you'll love it." Adelaide raise an eyebrow and squint her eyes at him, "Now I'm intrigued."