23

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

▬▬▬▬ ♡ ⋆ .༉ ▬▬▬▬

HAYLEY ARRIVED A FEW MINUTES LATER WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY BEHIND HER, she dropped to her knees and brushed Adelaide's hair out of her face. There was so much blood and she knew what was gonna happen soon,

"What's wrong with her?" Klaus asks, his eyes filled with tears, his voice breaking at the end. Hayley glances from Adelaide's unconscious body to him, "I don't know, I think she's running out of time."

Klaus shook his head in denial, "No, she's not." Everyone stare at him in pity and sadness. Hayley gave him a small smile, "Let's get her home." Klaus nodded, his hands were shaking as he pick up Adelaide's body. He glances from Hayley to his family, "Use the car, I'll see you back home." And with that, he was gone in a blink of an eye. Everyone quickly got into the car and drove home. Their hearts full of pain and sadness knowing that Adelaide is gonna die soon.

✩ ➴ ︎ ˚ . ✦

WHEN KLAUS ARRIVED AT THE MANSION, he immediately went to their bedroom and place her down onto the bed. He got a washcloth and put some water on it. He started wiping away the blood from her face and got her in a new set of clothes.

"Klaus." Freya says, knocking on the door. Klaus glance back at her before glancing back at Adelaide. He dab the washcloth on her face and brush a loose blonde strand from her face. "She's dying isn't she?" Freya was silent which only gave Klaus the answer to his question. He bit down his bottom lip to prevent himself from breaking down.

"You should say your goodbyes." Freya mutters. Klaus gave a her a nod, "I want to be the last one to say goodbye." Freya gave him a small smile and left. Shortly after she left, Hayley walked in. Klaus got up from the chair beside Adelaide and gave Hayley a small smile, "I'll be outside." Hayley gave him a quick hug and smile before sitting down on the chair. Klaus walked out and closed the door, he sat down beside Elijah who brought him into a hug.

"I never thought that this day would come." Hayley softly laughs, her eyes filling up with tears, "In the short amount of time that we've been together, you've became a sister to me. You were always there for me when I needed a good shoulder to cry on, you're amazing with Hope too and I wouldn't mind if you've became her step-mom." Hayley sniffles, she grabbed Adelaide's hand as a tear dropped on her hand. "You don't deserve this, you really don't but sometimes life can be a real bitch." Hayley laughs weakly, "So I guess this is goodbye, I love you Adelaide. See you on the other side." Hayley squeeze her hand before exiting the room.

"Rebekah." Hayley says nodding towards the door. Rebekah wipes away her tears and gave Hayley a small smile before walking into the room. One by one, each of them said their goodbyes.

Freya finished saying goodbye which left Klaus who hadn't said his goodbyes yet. When she walked out of the room, that's when Hope came running in. Her eyes wide with panic, "Where's Adelaide?" No one answered her which cause her to panic even more, "Where is she?" Hayley brought her into a hug which only confirmed her questions. Hope shook her head as her eyes filled with tears, "No! She's not—! No!" Hayley hugged her tighter as tears started to fall. Everyone look down at the ground, their heart breaking even more hearing Hope's broken sobs, "No!"

"Hope, love." Klaus spoke, his voice hoarse from not speaking for awhile. Hope pulled back from the hug and let out a shuddering breath, Klaus pointed to the bedroom door, "She's in there, go say goodbye." Hope froze in her spot before she slowly walked up to it. She opened the door and closed it behind her. She let out a small gasp when she saw Adelaide, she looks so lifeless. Her skin was no longer their normal tan color instead it was pale white. Hope sat down on the empty chair and shakily put her hand on top of Adelaide's.