Chapter 4

You had just finished packing your clothes, sitting on your suitcase to try to close it, when a knock resounded through your apartment. 

"Thank God." you sighed, getting up to open the door. Naomi immediately wrapped you in a bear hug, yelling in your ear. You giggled, pushing her off of you.

"Help me close this suitcase," you said. You sat on it as she struggled to bring the zipper to the front.

"What the fuck did you put in here? Your whole apartment?" she asked, straining.

"No, just some essentials. Like sunscreen, pants, and sweaters." you said.

"Baby, are you sure you're not going to Mongolia? California is hot as fuck. Why are you bringing sweaters?" she pushed you off, opening the suitcase.

"A fucking COAT? Where in the HELL do you think you're going?"

"I heard it gets chilly at night, and sometimes it rains," you said. She threw the coat on your bed, rummaging through the rest of the suitcase. With each article of clothing, she clucked, throwing it aside.

"Their version of chilly is 70 degrees. You're going to burn up and die wearing a fucking coat, dumbass. Go get those damn shorts and those tank tops I know you still have and put them bitches in here."

You reluctantly got up, heading into your closet. You opened the bottom of your dresser, pulling out your old summery clothes. You always thought they were a bit too short or too bright. But Naomi was right, you were going to California. 

You threw them into the suitcase, and Naomi huffed.

"I know you have dresses in there too."

"But Nai, they're too short! My mom says my ass is hanging out in some of them!" you complained.

"And? You have a fat ass, show it off. Maybe you'll get your boo to, you know," Naomi said, making kissing noises. You blushed.

"Last thing I'm gonna say. Why the fuck are you bringing granny panties on vacation? Do you NOT want to have sex with this man? These panties scream 'read books with me', not 'fuck me'." she retorted, throwing them out onto the bed.

~

"That's everything?" you said.

"Yes, dummy. I'm gonna clean or whatever, and I'm gonna stay here and watch your cat." Naomi said, holding the cat in her arms as she moved to the couch. You looked quickly at the apartment, noting the mess.

"Oh, by the way, when you're in Cali, get me some stuff. You know, like, some cute guy's number or some shit."

"Sure." You walked out, closing the door behind you. Your Uber driver honked, and you rushed to him, stuffing your things into the trunk. 

"Airport, right?" he asked.

"Yep." you said, rolling down the window to feel the breeze as he drove. Spring had come, and the trees and flowers in bloom all around you. The colors were nice, but then you began to think of all the pollen. Pollen leads to allergies, and allergies leads to-

You began to cough, and you pulled out your inhaler, taking a puff before rolling the window up.

"Fuck spring." you thought.

"And asthma, too."