9.

C H A P T E R  9

N I A L L 

"Will that be all, sir?" 

"Yes, thank you."

I make the elderly man his cup of coffee, wishing him a good day as he makes his way out of the coffee shop. 

I could need a cup of coffee myself, to be honest. I didn't get a good nights sleep last night, tossing and turning for hours. I've been dealing with a bit of anxiety lately and it starts messing with my head once I want to sleep. A lot of thoughts deciding to enter my brain, keeping me from falling into relaxation.  

On top of all that, Louis had a bad night as well. He's been having them for a week or two now. I know better than to leave him alone with the thoughts that run through his head. So we do what we always do when we're having bad nights.

He comes over to me or I head over to his flat. We lay together on the bed, a Disney movie playing in the background as we cuddle together.

"You feeling alright?" I ask Louis when he comes out of the back room. Louis gives me a fake smile, nodding slightly. I sigh, wanting nothing more than for my best friend to be happier. 

"Well, no," Louis admits, chuckling. 

"You'll be okay." I honestly tell him. Louis smiles at me, leaning against the counter. 

"I know, it's a bump in the road. I've got you though, it makes it easier." Louis tells me and gives me a grateful smile. "Hope you know how much you mean to me." 

"You don't have to thank me, Lou." I rest my head against his shoulder. 

"Shut it, I know you've got a bit on your mind and you don't get enough of sleep. You still stay with me, making sure I am okay." Louis chokes out and I look up at him from his shoulder.

"It's true, yes. You're there for me as well, Lou. You take the thoughts away and it puts me at ease, knowing you're going to be okay." I smile and Louis blinks the tears in his eyes away. I hug him, showing him as much love as possible. 

"I love you." Louis smiles, squeezing me back. 

"Jesus, don't try to get in my pants Tommo. Need to call Liam up so he makes you shy again." I tease and Louis groans, pushing me away from him. 

It's been a few days since both Louis and I have seen Liam. He's not been feeling quite well according to Harry, that still comes into the coffee shop every day. Hopefully, Liam will show up today to brighten Louis' mood.

No matter how many times Louis denies liking Liam, I already know he does. I'm happy that he has someone to make him smile as he does. Not this friendly smile I am blessed with each day, not that smile he has reserved for his family either. 

It's more of a smile that Liam is allowed to see, he's the one that smile is for. It isn't supposed to be for anyone else. And it makes me happy that Louis can feel some kind of joy in having a new person in his life. 

"Liam doesn't make me shy, it's just... he compliments me a lot and I'm not used to that." Louis mumbles. 

"I know Lou, it's nice to see that Louis Tomlinson can be shy around a bloke he fancy. Would probably have scared him away already if he got to see the true side of you!"

Louis squeaks out a genuine laugh, bringing a smile to my face. At least he's smiling again. 

"Yeah, probably. You think he'll leave if he sees that side?" Louis asks, eyes glinting as he snickers. Even though he tries to make it seem like a joke, I know deep down he's worried about it.