twenty text messages

[ Pretend It's Ok by Little Mix. ]

▲▼▲

TWENTY TEXT MESSAGES

MIKE: He's remembering more.

LUKE: Like what?

MIKE: Like that you're on touring and how long you've been away and that something happened between you two but he's not sure what yet.

ASH: So he's remembered a lot but not all.

LUKE: Are you guys at the hospital with him? Is he still in there?

ASH: Yeah we are. He's been eating a lot more now and his body has gotten back the shape it once had. 

LUKE: Good. That's good.

MIKE: I think you can come home when you're ready now. If you book a flight for tomorrow or the day after that then hopefully he'll have his memory back by the time you get back.

MIKE: But I can't make promises because his brain works the way it wishes so if he doesn't get it back by the time you're here you still can't see him okay?

LUKE: Yeah I understand. Well, I have one more concert tomorrow night here before I have to fly to the next state, but instead I'll get my manager to postpone it and put up onto the website a very detailed explanation with what's going on (that Calum has had something traumatic happen to him) and that he'll be posting all the new dates for the tour as soon as it is all figured out.

ASH: Alright, sounds good. See you soon buddy.

MIKE: By the way if Calum is alright tomorrow he is being dispatched from the hospital to go home.

LUKE: Alright, sweet x Take care of him and yourselves.

MIKE: You too Luke. Eat if you haven't today, okay? 

LUKE: I will, promise. Love you guys.

ASH: Love you bro.

MIKE: Love you mate x

▲▼▲

MIKE: The little shit stopped eating again.

MIKE: ffs.

ASH: Calm down Mikey. He's going to be alright.

LUKE: Wait what? Why did he stop eating again?

MIKE: Because he got his fucking memory back and now he's feeling the heartbreak all over again. Why the fuck won't he eat! The little shit isn't listening to us. He's not talking. He's just being so fucking stubborn that I feel like punching him in the face to get some sense into him.

ASH: But you won't because that's the wrong thing to do. Luke, you have to come back. Now.

LUKE: My plane doesn't leave until after the concert tonight. I'll be there tomorrow... or the day after for you guys. I don't know ugh.

ASH: Yeah I think it's the day after for us. Fuck.

MIKE: He won't reply to me Luke. I'm trying to talk to him and he's just staring at the fucking wall. They're gonna put him into some asylum or rehabilitation centre or some fucking shit like that if he doesn't eat or talk. I know it.

ASH: No they're not Michael. Put your head on straight and stop fucking around right now. Honestly, he's going to be fine. Luke is going to come back and he is going to fix this ffs.

LUKE: What if he doesn't want me back? What if he's so scared of the monophobia that he thinks the only way to get rid of it is to push me out of his life forever. Like he might think that's the only way he can recover.

ASH: He won't think that, Luke. He needs you. We're all going to help him get over the monophobia together. As a family, okay?

MIKE: HE'S NOT TALKING. I'M CRYING. I'M SCREAMING AT HIM AND HE WON'T REPLY.

ASH: MICHAEL SHUT THE FUCK UP, CALM DOWN AND STOP YELLING AT CALUM. 

MIKE: Alright okay. Okay, I'm calm. What the fuck are we going to do?

ASH: Pay attention you fucker. I already said that Luke will be here in two days and fix this.

MIKE: How come Calum is the way he is and Luke is fine?

LUKE: You think I'm fine? I already told you I'm not fine. I'm just as broken as Calum, but it's his monophobia that's caused him the heartbreak and for him to end up like this. He can't help it. He's too heartbroken to care about anything.

MIKE: Well then you better get your fucking ass down here to Australia and fix this. 

ASH: Michael stop talking to everyone like this. You're not calm enough. Go for a walk and take a drink, buy some food. Sit down and breathe. Honestly, stop being a bitch right now.

MIKE: Alright okay. You're right. I'm walking out to get some air and water and food and anything to calm me down. Okay.

ASH: And Luke, I understand that this needs to be fixed by not only you but also Calum, but obviously he's not in the right state of mind to even think for himself, so it's up to you to come home, see him and hopefully he allows you to help him get things back to normal.

LUKE: Yeah okay. I understand. I can't talk about this anymore for now otherwise I won't be able to perform without breaking down. Leave Calum alone for now Mike. Let the doctors and nurses take care of him.

MIKE: Okay.

ASH: Go and get some fresh air and get pumped for the concert Luke. Don't worry about us here, okay? 

LUKE: Alright, bye x

MIKE: Bye x

ASH: Oh and another thing... When did I become the guidance counsellor in this group of friends?

▲▼▲

        Maaate,

        I hate what I've done with this. :'( It's so sad omg. I think this is the longest chapter yet.

        So that was the last of the 'text messages'! There's going to be three parts now before this story ends! Also, sorry it's taken me a few extra days to update this. Busy, busy, busy.

        MY FRIEND INVITED ME TO GO TO THE 1D CONCERT WITH HER YAYAYAYAYA.

        OH ALSO THIS STORY IS NOMINATED IN THE BROMANCE AWARDS AHHHHH SO WHEN THAT STARTS I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW KAY? KAY. (I think voting starts 21st Dec so yah.)

        ALSO, PLEASE GO CHECK OUT AN EDIT I MADE OF GIRL ALMIGHTY (I know this is a 5SOS fan fic but shhh... I won't tell if you won't) BC IT'S RAD AS HELL OKAY? LINK IS IN EXTERNAL LINK!

        LOVE YOU GUYS!

        Love Leticia x