nine text messages

[ Night Changes by One Direction ] 

▲▼▲

NINE TEXT MESSAGES

CAL: Can I call you? We need to talk.

CAL: Unless you're sleeping.

CAL: Forgot about the timezones.

CAL: Just let me know when you get this.

CAL: We need to talk.

▲▼▲

LUKE is calling you.

ANSWER        DECLINE.

"Hello?"

"You're breaking up with me aren't you?"

"What?"

"That's why you wanted to call. You figured that if you can't say it in person than you'd call and do it that way, rather than being dog and texting it. Right?"

...

"Right."

"Calum, please don't do this."

"Luke, I just can't do it anymore. It hurts too much when you're away and you promised."

"But Calum, we're supposed to grow old together. We're supposed to have two kids and a farm and little kittens and a sheep dog and fairylights on the porch and Michael and Ashton are supposed to be annoying uncles. We talked about our future together. Please don't stop that."

"I'm not stopping it, Luke. We just... I'm putting our future on hold for the moment."

"On hold? You can't fucking do that Calum!"

"Please, Luke, stop crying. Please don't cry. We just need a break."

"You and I both know how breaks fucking work Calum. And you're crying too, so stop being hypocritical."

"You're making this harder than it needs to be."

"Oh so there's an easy way to all of this? What's the easy way Calum? I love you. I need you."

"I need you too, baby, but I need you here. Not ten thousand miles away, not through a pixelated Skype call or a late night phone call, not through texts. Here. I need you here. And you're not, Luke. You're not here and I can't cope with that."

"Stop Calum, just stop. Let's forget all of this. Let's just forget this conversation happened and go back to being CalumandLuke, not Calum and Luke."

"I'm sorry, Lukw, but I need to move on, and I think you know I need to move on as well."

"No I don't! You don't need to move on!"

"Please understand that I'm doing this for not only myself but for you too. If we're going to always be a billion miles away than we should at least be with people who can accompany us along the way."

"That's bullshit, Calum. We need each other. I need you."

"You've seemed to cope well without me. I'm sorry, babe."

"No, Calum, don't you dare hang up. You fucking hang up and I swear to God I'll-"

"Goodbye, Luke."

"No, Calu-"

▲▼▲

        Maaate,

        Fuck this was so difficult to write tbh. It's so sad. :'( Poor Luke, poor Calum, poor Leticia! D'X

        Hey, wanna be cool and drop a comment below? It'd make my day! :) 

        Love Leticia xx