Chapter 3

**Aria**

I had to get out of there! My teasing had affected me as much as it did him. I was so close to ripping his clothes off and... No bad girl! Get that of your mind! You just met him. And he was kind enough to let you get to know the real him before he claimed you.

All of that muscle was distracting though, and those beautiful eyes that reminded me of a full moon that seemed to look inside to find the real me. I never kissed a man before prefering horses, but once his lips met mine it's like i new every thing that would affect him the most. I felt protected with him.

When i found him with the foal and how Penelope accepted him completely changed my view of him. He wasnt just a big hunk of muscle. He was a beautiful, kind man.

What did he want me to find out about him though? That question opened up a while flood of others.

**Lux**

After feeding Penelope and watching her baby suckle with his tail wagging happily, i went in search of my uncle.

I found him in his study day dreaming. "I thought Kings were busier than this?" I said once i'd walked in. He smiled sheepishly at me before saying, "Serina likes to make most of the decisions and i agree with her." I snorted at him causing him to laugh.

"Uncle can i talk to you?" I asked seriously. He dropped his smile and nodded saying, "sure Champ."

"I found my mate," i said which caused him to smile. "Who is it?" "Aria, the stable master."

His small smile turned huge and he said excitedly, "oh i hoped it would be her! She's a good one." "Yes she is," i said thinkin back.

"What did you need to speak about?" He asked after a moment. "I'm scared Uncle. Darkness still resides in me and it's getting stronger every day. I dont want it to hurt her. I dont want her to hate me once she fully realizes who i am."

"You'll never know what she'll do unless you give her the chance to react. Fear is a great thing and it's nothing to be ashamed of. The courage to overcome that fear is your strength. Letting fear rule you, that's the thing to be ashamed of," he said wisely.

I smiled gratefully at him, "thank you Uncle. I'll go talk to her!" With that i was out the door and running.

**Jake**

Kids, their life is so full of struggle. I felt sorry for what i thought of as my nephew. He struggled with much more than any teenager should bare. Only 18 and having to fight darkness all his life.

I made a promise to myself long ago that i would help him battle this. Ssenkrad would not win.

**Aria**

I was filling up hay nets when Lux came rushing up to me smiling. "Let's finish this quickly so we can eat!" What's put him in such a good mood.

I blushed thinking about earlier. He smirked at me before he grabbed the hay nets and put then in their stalls.

Grabbing my hand he pulled me after him as he jogged to the castle. "What is your hurry?" I asked panting.

"I want to get done eating so we can spend time together," he said giving me a smile. I smiled back at him feeling happy.

I let him lead me into the dining hall with his arm around my waist. I loved watching the shocked glares of all the women at the table. They gave me hateful glares and i smiled sweetly at them.

I felt Lux stiffen and i looked up at him confused. He bent down low to whisper in my ear making it look like he was whispering something sweet, "i dislike all of these men starring at you."