Chapter Four

Wow, I haven't written a chapter for this story in ages. I hope you enjoy!

"So... What's the deal with you and Matt?"

I raised an eyebrow as I looked over at Kelly who was currently lying on my bed, flicking through a magazine. It was strange to think that I had only met the girl yesterday and she already felt like one of my closest friends.

I shook my head and went back to unpacking the last box in my room. "There's no deal. We're friends."

Kelly let out an exaggerated scoff then gave me a sheepish smile when she caught the glare I sent her way. "Just checking!" She shrugged, turning another page. "You two just seemed awfully cosy yesterday."

My mind wandered back to the day before as she mentioned it. Once we had all got aquainted with each other at Chris' house, we ended up walking around Teignmouth and I got a bried tour of the unfamiliar city. When that was over, we all laid around a nearby park and talked about anything and everything that came to mind. Oh, and I may have dozed off on Matt's lap because he was running his fingers through my hair. That could be what Kelly was referring to.

I shoved the now empty box to the side and began folding my clothes. "I was just tired from all the walking we did."

"And Bellamy thought he'd help out with his magic fingers." She laughed, wiggling her own in my direction.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "You're really rooting for me and Matt to get together, aren't you?"

"Everyone's rooting for you guys. I'm pretty sure Matt is rooting for another type of root though." Kelly stated, giving me a sly wink.

I threw a pair of jeans her way and she let out a squeal. "Perve."

She raised her hands in defence with a cheeky smile on her face. "I'm just saying! You could've fooled us with the lovey dovey act we all witnessed yesterday."

I was about to protest yet again when Kelly's phone started to ring. She picked it up with a goofy grin on her face. "Hi Chris!" Of course it was him. "That sounds like fun. When? ...What, right now?" She looked over at me with a pout as if to ask permission and I gave her a thumbs up in response. The goofy grin returned to her face once more. "Yeah, it's fine. I can go. I'll see you soon!"

She hung up and I widened my eyes in an attempt to give the puppy dog look. "I can't believe you're ditching me!"

Kelly frowned and pointed an accusing finger my way. "You gave me a thumbs up!"

"Is that what I did?" I asked, tilting my head. "I was meant to turn my hand the other way." She childishly poked her tongue out at me which I returned without hesitation.

She rolled her eyes as she collected her things off the floor and shoved them in her bag. "Well, I'm pretty sure Matt is home today. You should see if he wants to continue where you guys left off yesterday." Kelly winked at me before making her way out my door.

"Kelly!" I whined, following her. "There is nothing going on!"

"I know, I know." She gave me a hug and skipped down the steps of our porch, making her way towards her car. Once she was safely inside, she wound down her window with a sly smile on her face. "Yet!"

I let out a groan and flipped her off. I could hear her laughing away to herself as she reversed out of the driveway and vanished down the street. "Honestly." I mumbled to myself, closing the door behind me.

I had just flopped down on the couch to watch some TV when the doorbell rang. Heaving myself out of the chair, I rolled my eyes thinking it was Kelly who probably forgot something. "What, Kelly? Did you forget to make another comment about-" I stopped mid sentence because once I opened the door I realised it definitely was not Kelly.