TWO - LUKE

//and it's not my fault, that I've fucked everyone here//

//One week earlier//

"Are you going to meet up with Ashley while we're back home"? Ashton asks Calum without even bothering to look up from his phone.

"I doubt it. Unless she offers me something I can't refuse which is highly likely she will, I don't think I'm going to go out of my way". He snorts as he watches the city out of the car window.

"You know it's so cruel what you do to her. She clearly loves you and all you seem to do is throw it in her face every time you're home". I reply even though I know it's going to start a war.

Calum always had a girl. No matter where we were in the world, Calum always knew someone and used it to his advantage and I just never understood it. Yeh it's easy for someone in a band to find a girl every night but I actually want to feel something when I go home late after a gig. Not just a random body next to me in the middle of the night. Don't get me wrong, I've done the whole one night stand thing a few times but it's just as bad as it sounds. Sometimes I'm feeling really lonely and missing home and all you think you need is a girl for one night to fix it. It never helps though.

"Dude at least I'm getting laid. Maybe if you let go and didn't care so much you'd realise what all the fuss is about". God he's such a dick.

Michael and Ashton are like that too but not on the same level as Calum. Tour gets lonely and for guys, the only remedy seems to be a girl.

I think what makes me different to the others is that I've been in relationships were it's really meant something. I know what it feels like to really like someone and I think that's the reason I'm not wasting my time and energy on something that's not real.

"You don't understand". I reply shaking my head knowing there's no way he's going to understand where I'm coming from. "You and Ashley dated and now you treat her like she's some hotel that's only open for business when Calum Hood is in town".

"You just don't get it Luke". He laughed to himself.

"Yeh you're right. I just don't get it".

Don't get me wrong. These three idiots are my best friends. Always have been and always will be but sometimes I feel like the eldest one even though I'm the youngest. The only thing that I can't stand is the girls.

It all started when our band 5 Seconds of Summer got the chance of a lifetime to open for One Direction on their arena tour. It was and to this day, four years later, still is the best things that has ever happened to us. Our lives completely changed and I guess we all changed with it. It was a hard thing to get used too. All these girls following you everywhere you go. Of course it's going to drive a boy crazy and a first it was the coolest thing in the world, but once we started to go out to parties everything changed. At first I thought it was just a phase for all of us which I got sick of quite quickly but it seemed to stick with the others, epically Calum.

We've all had girlfriends but very few of them have been public girlfriends. It's hard keeping a relationship going with someone when you're never in the same country for a week let alone the same place. Calum and Ashley dated in high school and he broke things off with her just before we got signed to go overseas. They were together a year and a half which is a pretty long time for a high school relationship. When it ended Ashley tried to keep it going for as long as possible but Calum wasn't really having any of it. Now he uses her as an excuse whenever we're home and I can't help but feel sorry for her.

It was late afternoon and we had just finished a full day of radio and TV interviews and we were just going back to the hotel to get our stuff, before heading to the venue for soundcheck. Our second of three sold out shows in our home city then we kick off the rest of the Australian tour. It felt so good to be back at home, even though home was still a hotel room, at least it was closer to home.