6.I didn't deserve this

"SEUNGCHEOL FOR THE LAST TIME, THATS SALT NOT POWDERED SUGAR

"SEUNGCHEOL FOR THE LAST TIME, THATS SALT NOT POWDERED SUGAR."

Minghao was awakened by Jeonghan's high pitched yell coming through the kitchen. "Who decided to make him the manager.." said a lower and bored sounding voice. Minghao got up and looked at the clock on the wall. 3.56 PM. He briefly had about half an hour before his shift started so he walked out of the staff cabin only to find Seungcheol and Jeonghan arguing and a guy probably 13 or 14 silently judging them with a bored look on his face. Jeonghan turned around when he saw Minghao approaching.

"Oh hey Minghao! Your shift starts in 30 minutes. Oh by the way, this is Jihoon" he said, gesturing to the assumed 14 year old boy. Minghao's eyes widened a little. "Oh you are Jihoon?" he asked a little confused. "That's what I've known from the very start, and you are?" the said boy stated uninterestedly. "I'm Xu Minghao...I just started here today." he replied.

"Why do you look so shocked though, do you know me from somewhere?" Jihoon asked curiously. "No..its just that I didn't know people could work at your age I guess" Minghao answered innocently.
"What do you mean? I am 23 years old" the latter stated visibly offended. Minghao stopped for a split second. This guy was older than him?

"Oh I thought you were fourte-" Jeonghan clamped a hand over his mouth before he could finish.
"Forty! Jihoon he thought you were forty because of how grumpy and lazy you look and even speak, now get back to work." He ordered.
Jihoon sighed and got to the cashier. Jeoghan lowered his hand and looked Minghao dead in the eye. "Listen, Do NOT call him short or a kid or whatever.

The guy may be small but he can throw hands. Also he's Hoshi's boyfriend" he told him. Minghao took a second to process all the information. So this was the guy Hoshi was going to pick up earlier. He didn't seem as much threatening as he was described "...uh interesting I guess?" Minghao stated slowly. Jeonghan chuckled at his confused reaction.

That's when Seungcheol came to grab a spoon and Jeoghan began his rant once again. "This man here, put SALT in my Americano thinking it was powdered sugar and you won't believe how horrifying it tasted. It ruined my whole day and I think it damaged my hair too" He said annoyed. "Jeonghan hyung, literally the only thing you do all day is sleep and complain." Seokmin said walking back to the staff cabin with his airpods in.

Jeonghan winked at him, "You say it like it's a bad thing, speaking of which it's almost 4.30, it's nap time for me, good luck with your shift Minghao", he said and walked away. Minghao just stared trying to process what just happened. "Remind me why I fell in love with this guy again, I'm pretty sure coffee dosent ruin hair." Seungcheol said rolling his eyes. Minghao let out a small chuckle. "Anyway break time's up, customers are going to start showing up soon, I guess you can manage now." He said. Minghao nodded. "Did you take everyone's contacts? To inform you about shift, time changes or anything in general?" He asked. "Yeah I did, thanks for that." Minghao said. Then he went to the front and stared at the gate waiting for people to come in.

Before he knew it the café was quite filled with people. He saw many students coming in to chit chat and finish their homework together, or just random people coming in to clear their minds for a while. He saw a guy at the corner with a guitar. Remembering the guy Seokmin mentioned crushing on earlier, he assumed this was the one and soon was proven right when Seokmin came out began fanboying over the guy without him noticing as he read a book and waited for his order. Right as Minghao was about to call him for the drink, Seokmin pulled him aside. "Hey Minghao, use the Starbucks trick just to know his name please. Ask him if he'd like it on his cup. Please please please, my marraige depends on one cup of coffee." He pleaded.
Minghao sighed and finally gave in without hesitating much.

"Order number 17", He called out and the guy walked over to him with a gentle smile.

"Can I have a name for your drink?" Minghao asked.
The guy looked confused for a second before he replied with..

"Uh i don't know just call it Bob I guess?"

Minghao mentally face palmed. "No I meant, can I get your name for your drink." The guy finally understood. "Oh! I'm Ji- Joshua. Joshua Hong." He said his face turning beet red realising his stupidness.

Minghao laughed softly. He scribbled down the name on the cup hoping he'd spelt it right with the fair amount of English he knew and handed Joshua the drink. He walked away and sat back down on his table while sipping on his drink, still looking pretty embarrassed. Immediately Seokmin ran over to Minghao.

"What's his name?" He whisper shouted. "Joshua Hong. His Korean sounded a little accented, he's probably come from abroad, and no offence but he's definitely a little dumb." Minghao said recalling the earlier incident. Seokmin didn't seem to mind the dumb part as he was head over heels in love with the name itself. "Joshua...what a beautiful name, just like its owner. I wonder if he's single, he looks like a work of art, I mean look at those eyes." He blabbered dreamily not even realising that he wasn't being as quiet as he thought.

Minghao sighed. He really didn't want to think about love at this point. He gave Seokmin a small smile and returned to his place to tend to more customers.
That's when his worst nightmare happened.

In walked through the door, hand in hand, Mingyu and his now boyfriend Wonwoo. They were laughing about something and Mingyu looked at Wonwoo like he saw the whole universe in him. With eyes full of love and adoration.

The way Mingyu had never looked at Minghao while they supposedly 'dated'.

Minghao felt his his already broken heart break into even smaller pieces as they made eye contact with him. Mingyu's eyes went wide for a second and he looked like he wanted to leave but he instead walked up to the counter and put up a bold face. "Well well, if it's not the Xu Minghao I see. Fancy meeting you here." He said smugly.

"Can I please take your order.." Minghao said trying to control the gears turning behind his eyes and also the anger bubbling up inside him.

"Oh my, don't be so shy, he's much happier with me than your ignorant and depressed looking ass. Guess you didn't deserve love anyway, that's pathetic." Wonwoo told him staring straight at his face, smirking.

That was it. Minghao turned away from the counter and walked over to Jeonghan. "Please take over my shift for sometime, I'll be back in a moment", he requested shakily.

Jeonghan's face was immediately filled with concern as he saw his glossy eyes. "Yeah sure, are you oka--" before he could finish his sentence Minghao ran out the door muttering a soft 'I'll be fine' just loud enough for Jeonghan to pick up. Jihoon and Seokmin stared after him as he ran out of the café.

"What's with him? The guy seemed weird to me ever since I met him" Jihoon asked confused and a little concerned. Seokmin shrugged. "I dunno, he seems pretty shaken as of now." He turned to the counter to see Jeonghan taking orders of two customers.

One telling him the drink and the taller one staring at the door Minghao ran out through with a little bit of guilt visible on his facial features.

~

A/N: what the fuck did I just write, anyway, do u guys like the book so far??? if yess then pls don't forget to vote oWo 🌻