training and feelings

Only a few days left til the day both the baseball team and the dance crew had waited for.

Jinsoul and the others had practiced their days off. Jinsoul's pretty sure she couldn't feel her hands anymore as she strikes another ball thrown by Haseul. At this point no one minds that Jinsoul constantly hits home runs, as long as she can do it perfectly at the game.

"Wow, okay," Her chest huffed up and down. Her legs gives out as she sees Haseul throw her a thumbs up, walking to her.

"A break?" Jinsoul looked up to her friend. "You're the one sitting but you're the one asking me? unbelievable."

She sat beside Jinsoul by the batter box, handing the latter a bottle of ice water, "thanks."

"Your hits have been getting stronger," Haseul commented. The two spotted Hyunjin lead a few people on laps. "I can say the same for your pitching. I almost missed my timing a few times."

Haseul chuckled, "well, I guess it goes both ways." The two basked in the lighting of the setting sun, still watching Hyunjin running laps, now alone. "Hey, Soul."

"Hm?"

"What if we actually win?"

Jinsoul turned to her, watching Haseul's eyes from the side. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," Haseul sighed, "this is only a practice match. We never practice this much for things like this. But now we are, because it's JYP we're facing off. Do you think we can win?"

Jinsoul stopped to think. Haseul was right. There was no big deal with these practice matches. But I guess even if it was just a friendly practice match, they acknowledge the fact that if they can manage to beat JYP, opportunities can be opened. Maybe that was why they were practicing so hard. This was an opportunity that can chain more opportunities down the line.

"I honestly don't know," she said, before smiling softly, "but we can still try to give off a good impression."

They turned their attention to coach Taecyeon who whistled, "okay, guys! that's it for today. I like to see everyone working hard but I don't want to overwork anyone."

"Do you wanna hang out?" Haseul said out of the blue. Her two friends turned to her. "We haven't hung out in a while."

"I'm down," Jinsoul shrugged. They walked out of the locker rooms. Hyunjin hummed, "I guess I am too."

"Cool, then let's head to a- Soul isn't that the dance captain?" Haseul pointed out. Jinsoul turned to where Haseul was pointing, and yes, Jungeun was there, dragging another girl behind her.

"And Heejin?" Hyunjin said, tone signalling confusion. Jungeun seemed to notice the three baseball player's eyes on them, so she waved.

When they got closer, Jungeun smiled, "Hi!"

"Uh, hi," Jinsoul smiled as well, "What's bringing you here?"

Jungeun shuffled from one foot to the other, eyes lowering slightly, "well, I thought I'd be the one to visit you for once. And uh, since Hyunjin is also a player I thought I'd bring Heejin with me."

Heejin looked offended, "what is that supposed to mean?"

"It means I know you guys went on that arcade date a few days ago," Jungeun rolled her eyes.

"Aw, Jungie, you should've told me so. We were about to uh-"

"Oh..were we interrupting something?" Jungeun said, "well if you guys-"