Chapter 4

"Sam are you sure you're okay?" Hermione asked me from across the table at dinner but I barely heard her. All I could focus on was Malfoy. I wished that I could tell everyone what I had done and that Malfoy was not who they thought he was, but I couldn't. . .i wished.

"Hermione you've asked me that like 5 times, I'm fine," I say putting a bite of cottage pie into my mouth. "So what did you guys do today?" I said, desperate to change the subject.

"We just sat and talked in the common room," Harry said.

"And what about you? What did you do today?" Ron asked me while stuffing a heaped spoon full of mashed potatoes into his already food filled mouth.

"Well, I just walked around taking pictures, listened to music," delved into Malfoy's past and realized that he isn't actually a monster, "yeah, so nothing much."

"If you're not doing anything tomorrow, maybe you should come and hang out with us," Harry suggested.

"Thanks, that would be great," I said as I got up off the table. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Where are you going so early? They haven't even served dessert yet," Hermione said and stoped eating to give me a strange look.

"Oh, um, I'm just really tired so I thought I might go and rest but have some extra dessert for me," I tried to smile, but that's not the truth. The real reason was because I didn't see Malfoy at dinner and now that I thought of it, I don't think I saw him at lunch or breakfast. I walked through the quiet corridors of Hogwarts, turned a corner and entered the kitchen.

"Hello, how are you?" I ask the nearest house elf.

"Hello miss. Pippy is very well, thank you for asking. Is there anything Pippy can do for you?" She asked me.

"Actually, there is. Can you please give me a few sandwiches to take up to my common room?" I smiled.

"But aren't you the head girl, miss?"

"I am," I didn't know where she was going with this.

"Well then, in your common room there is a fridge and how it works is that you close the door, picture what food or drink you want, open it and poof it's there." She made an explosion gesture with her hands.

"Oh yes, I completely forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me," I gave her a smile and then left the kitchen.

I walked the quiet corridors of Hogwarts, deep in thought. The sandwiches were, in fact, for Malfoy. If he wasn't at any meals then he must be starving, unless he remembered how to work the fridge.

Finally I reached the scrunched up face of Professor Snape.

"Pensieve," I sighed, wanting to get in.

"Could you do me a favor, Miss Samuels?" He asked in a low tone.

I was a little startled and so I said, "Professor?"

"Mr Malfoy has not come out of this dormitory for the whole day, will you check on him for me?"

"Sure," I sighed and he let me into the cosy common room, with a crackling fire, but Malfoy was nowhere to be seen. He must be in his room.

I walked over to his door and knocked. Silence replied. I knocked again, harder and louder this time. Still no reply. I'm sick of this, he doesn't talk to me and all I want to do is help him. I opened his door to find him flat on his back, on his bed, with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Malfoy, have you eaten anything today?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry," he said, getting up and crossing the room to go out but I blocked his path by putting both my hands on the door frame.