Beginning

A/n: please read tell the end bc you may actually like it and don't skip anything bc you might miss something.

I was always told I was different as a child, but at the time I had no idea what it meant. I thought when my grandma told me that I was different it was because of the fact that I didn't have a mum or dad. Or because I would always have to go see a counselor. Boy was I wrong.

When I turned ten years old my grandmother through me a party. When I was walking down stairs to get my friend, Matt Dalton, a glass of lemonade I heard his parents talking. "Why did we agree on this?" His mother whispered harshly "Because, Leah, Luke is Matt's friend and we have to be supportive of who our child hangs out with no matter how screwed up they are inside." His father said through gritted teeth. Suddenly, I felt hatred towards his family. How dare they insult me in my own house?! I am not screwed up!
They don't know what the hell they're talking about and they should mind their own damn business. Feeling absolutely infuriated, something inside of my snapped and loud scream echoed throughout my grandmother's house. I looked down from the stairs, in which I was hiding behind to keep them from seeing me, only to find that the bowl holding the lemonade had been knocked over, fell to the ground, shattered, thus causing lemonade to spill all over the crotch of Mr. Dalton's pants.

Smirking slightly to myself, I thought, Karma came back to bite them in the ass. Nobody talks bad about me behind my back and gets away with it. Slyly, I strut down the stairs and when I reached Matt's parents, pretended to be shocked about the lemonade. "Oops I guess we're out of lemonade." I tried to hide my smirk but somehow I couldn't.

Sassily, I made my way back upstairs to Matt so we could continue to break antiques within my grandmother's attic with a baseball bat that he'd given me. Not giving a shit about the consequences of our actions.

The lemonade was just the beginning of my rebellion to society. When I was thirteen, me and my friend Michelle skipped school and went with a few of our older friends who were around the age of sixteen to the liquor store. Half of the boys were already drunk and when they asked to see an ID none of the boys said anything.
The man started giving us a hard time about all of this underage drinking bullshit that none of really wanted to listen to. After a while, the dumbass was really getting on my nerves. His words were laced with venom as he contributed to fire hatful words at us. My ears tuned in on his last few words, "All of you, you're all just screwed up kids that are throwing your life away!" "Do my ears deceive me or did you just call us screwed up? I don't know who you think you are but never ever talk to me like that or any of my friends." I stood my ground. There was no way in hell I'd let this situation happen again without doing anything about it. The man looked at me with hooded eyes before a small smirk erupt on his face.

"As far as I'm concerned this is my store and you kids are underage. Therefore I could call the cops because you're supposed to in school right now, but I won't do that because I'm choosing to be nice. And so what if I called you screwed up, there's nothing you can do about it. You're just a young boy with an attitude trying to look cool."

My cheeks heated up and I was blushing furiously. I was not a kid! I was thirteen, the age where the teenage years begin! This man was just about the most disrespectful store clerk I had ever met. Especially to paying customers. All I felt toward him was anger, and anger was a force that you didn't want to mess with. For a moment I closed my eyes, and it felt like the world had stopped. There was no more yelling or screaming.

It was just me, all alone in the liquor store. My mind was in control, anything I wanted would happen because I was in my own little world. At the moment, I wanted nothing more than to smash all of those bottles. To hear the bottles shatter and watch the store clerk scream in shock and in panic. Opening my eyes, I watched as my dream became a reality. My mind was in control and I stood still as all of the liquor bottles in the store shattered, without a single push or touch of a human, by the row. Michelle screeched and clung to me like I was a blanket while the rest of the teens merely gasped and ducked to protect themselves from the glass shards. However I stood still. I wasn't afraid because I had nothing to fear. Nothing in that store was going to hurt me. None of my friends appeared to be hurt, but I couldn't speak for the store clerk.