Kowalski x Reader I Don't Know What To Call This

No. That's the truth. I don't know what to call it. This is a request, finally got around to writing it, I had to slap a bug, good thing I watched a PoM episode today! I Might have driven from the path because I don't control the writing, it goes where it wants.

Warning for awkward penguins.

Y/N had arrived to the zoo yesterday but you couldn't introduce yourself to the zoo yet since you had to go through a nightlong interrogation with Skipper.

You woke up with the word 'spy' just spinning in your head. But nevermind that! You wanted to meet the others now. It just got weird when you got to Julien.

"Oo, you are the prettiest I've ever seen, even if you are a penguin."

You weren't sure to be insulted or not. On one flipper he called you pretty...but he also made it seem like an insult with the last part.

"Thank you??"

And from that point forward, he kept requesting for you to be his queen with you politely declining.

Kowalski, for the love of science, did not know why he was trying to glare daggers into Julien.

"You certainly don't want a penguin for a queen."

"But you are pretty!"

The tall penguin grumbles under his breath.

Ugh, what was this? It felt familiar.

"Bye King Julien, leaving now."

You would just put emphasis on bye every time (second) he protested.

But that did not stop the king from coming to the HQ to try to convince you to be his queen. Until Skipper threw him out, his patience tested.

You didn't know how a penguin could be so smart, knowing math and stuff. So you did not understand his smart words a lot, but you liked hearing him talk.

Slowly Kowalski realized what the feeling was.

Jealousy.

He was never really good with emotions or love in general. You were smiling and sometimes would nod your head. It was uncertain if you were actually listening, but it was a genuine smile, not the awkward one you give Julien.

Both of your faces fell, an irritated frown forms on Kowalski's beak, and you in general just looked disappointed when you hear a familiar voice.

"Where is my future queen?"

"Rejection duty calls." You joke, getting off the chair you had been sitting on, leaving the lab.

You press your flippers together. "Julien, I am going to try to get this through your head...for the twentieth time."

"I can go for fiftyth time, there's no wall to keep me from wooing you."

"First of all, you said that wrong. Secondly, even if I accepted you-I can't live with you. AND third of all, I rather have someone higher on the intelligence level."

Everyone almost choked at your new rejection tactic.

You turn around and walk back to the lab. "Okay, you can throw him out now."

Julien sputtered then screamed as Rico basically (throws) yeets him out.

...Turns out Kowalski had been listening through his lab door and wasn't prepared for that or you to suddenly open the door.

"Kowalski!" You glare playfully, "This was a solo mission!"

"I...I'm sorry, I was...just curious."

"Yeah, I guess it was different than what I usually do." You rub the back of your head. "Now, can we go back to talking about your mathy and science things? Your voice is much nicer to listen to."

"M...My voice?" Stop stuttering! You're making a fool of yourself!

"Yeah, and have a better vocabulary." Without thinking, you lean up and kiss his cheek.

Kowalski was blushing so hard, it was visible under his feathers.

"Oh, sorry Kowalski. I just really like you...and um...are the talks still up?" You now felt awkward.

But surprisingly, Kowalski half smiles and nods. "O...Of course."

You first jump with a squeal then wrap your flippers around him.

"Yes! I'm going to publically declare to him that I'm taken! Haha!"

Kowalski supposes that this was a confession of some kind.

You're both awkward.

I've been thinking of writing a story...of PenguinxOC and baby penguins OCs because babies are cute and I really want to write it.

🎉 You've finished reading Penguins of Madagascar x Reader (GUESS WHOS BACK and read the description) 🎉