| 4 |

Feeling something beneath her move, Darceira jolted awake. She brought her hand up to rub her eyes and then placed her hands flat on what she thought was the bed. But whatever she was laying on top of had a heart beat. She could feel it as well as the steady rise and fall of their chest.

Her stomach fluttered as she realized it was Geralt beneath her. How they got into this position, she wasn't sure. She was positive that they fell asleep on their own sides of the bed.

Darceria silently debated leaving the bed. She could hear someone out in the hallway, Jaskier from the sounds of it. That meant Zephyrina was more than likely up too.

However, the thought of just staying there in the comforts of Geralt's arms sounded much more pleasant. Very carefully, she put her head back down on his chest and closed her eyes. Her fingers gently brushed over his dark gray tunic shirt. Their legs were tangled beneath the blankets. One of his hands was tucked behind his head while his opposite one rested on her lower back. It was a cozy setting, one that she relished in. She could stay there forever if she had to, listening to his heart beating in his chest and to the way he took a breath every twenty seconds or so. He was a shallow breather, even for being asleep.

"Are you awake?" His voice was even more rough than usual from sleep.

"Yes." Darceria fought the urge to lift her head. "I thought you were sleeping."

"I've been up for a while."

She hummed softly. His hand on her back moved just a little. His fingers curled into the thin material of her gown. Darceria slowly inhaled. Goosebumps crossed her skin. Geralt felt her shiver above him.

"Are you cold?"

"I'm warm." She answered honestly.

Geralt was looking down at her, trying to talk himself into saying what he wanted to say, what he knew had to be said eventually.  However, a part of him told him that it was best to stay silent. She was too good, too pure for him. He didn't deserve the warmth that she brought into his life. He wasn't even sure what he'd tell her, how he'd explain to her what he knew. He knew for sure that he wanted to be around her. When she was absent, he felt a little lost like he didn't know what to do. She was confident even with her disability. She was stubborn as hell too. She'd exhibited that just in the short time she had been hexed. She refused help most of the time, and even when she knew it would be wiser to just let one of them assist her she refused to let anyone help her.

A knock on the door pulled him from his thoughts.

"Darceria? Are you awake?" Zephyrina asked.

"Damn it." Darceria cursed. She slid off of Geralt and sat up on the bed, brushing her unruly hair out of her face. "Erm, yes, Zephyrina."

".... Is Geralt in there? He isn't anywhere else to be found."

Darceria was silent. She wasn't sure if he wanted anyone else to know he was with her the entire night.

"Do you need something, Zephyrina?" Geralt's stern voice called. Darceria could hear Zephyrina and Jaskier giggle.

"We'll let you two be for a while longer." Jaskier snickered.

Darceria absentmindedly rubbed her arm, her head turned away from Geralt and to the door. He sat up, propping one hand behind himself. She sat next to him on her knees. Her hands fell to her lap, where she began to mess with the material of he nightgown. She could feel Geralt watching her, his amber gaze soft but stern.

"Will you give me your hand?" Darceria quietly asked. Geralt hesitated, his eyes flickering down to her hands. She was nervous. Why was she nervous?