Chapter 6: You are Vampires!?

When I began to walk through their camp, fear took over me. I never meant to actually get as far as I did. I hadn't planned to get anywhere except for back home. With my luck home would be thousands of miles away. Typical.

I walked through the village constantly on edge: what would they do to me? Would they hurt me? Would they kill me?

As I thought through my questions I managed to miss see that the girl in front of me (Mary) had stopped causing me to walk into her.

It wasn't one of those just stumble, apologise then walk on. No, this was one of those walk into someone, accidently flip them (oops), find it funny, laugh, realise it's your fault, cringe and then begin the stair off match with your new enemy.

As she glared daggers into the side of my head I found myself wondering forwards away from the girl who never trusted me and proved it by the personal target now painted on the back of my head.

By the time we had finally got through the site we came to a grand building: almost the size of a castle.

"This is where Jayce usually stays but since the selection he hasn't been back because he couldn't get the girl he wanted, you know the first born thing, yeah her." Nathen sighed and I laughed.

"Funny, that my compound was the one chosen for selection." I laughed as he cocked his head to the side and scrunched up his eyebrows.

"How'd you get here then?" he asked and I just sighed.

"I'll tell you some other time." I shrugged and he nodded his head in agreement. "So you said Jayce isn't here, then who's in charge?" I asked and he smirked.

"Me." He grinned and I sighed. So power hungry. "Come in and I'll answer any questions you may have."

He told me and lead me inside the building to the living room which looked like it came out of the 18 hundreds. There were old-grand oak chairs, oak tables, tiger skin rugs (I wish they didn't go extinct), a wine cabinet and (wait for it... wait for it...) A TV!

"So your questions..." he trailed off expecting me to fill the gaps so I did.

"So you're not vampires?" I asked

"No." he sighed. "They don't exist." He stated in a 'duh' tone.

"Do you drink blood?" I asked and he put his hand to the back of his neck and scratched it slightly telling me he was nervous.

"Kind of..." he sighed then quickly added before I could speak. "But we only need it once a month." The way he said it implied that he wasn't convinced on that himself.

"Do you have heightened senses?" I questioned and he shrugged.

"Yeah, but if you used to live in one of the compounds you should know that." He shrugged.

"Sounds like vampires to me." I said smirking.

"How so?" he asked. "Explain what a vampire is." He told me and I shrugged.

"A being that lives off of blood. They have heightened senses and have the appearance of a human." I told him and he shrugged.

"Okay maybe we are vampires but I think that you will be the only one to think that way." He told me and I shrugged my left shoulder.

"I don't care. I just wanted to prove to you that I was right." I smirked and he just rolled his eyes.

"Let me guess, we have a little miss perfect on our hands." He smirked and I laughed.

"Yeah." I grinned and he began to laugh. "Just like we have an overgrown leach here, but I don't complain." I shot back and he grinned, that's one crazy man.