Chapter 7: Under The Blinding Lights

Barry's POV:

I didn't get much sleep last night. Was I a little drunk? Yes. But once I was alone in my hotel room again, I sobered up real quick when I thought about Vanessa and how she found me.

I stared at the ceiling and listened to the birds chirp outside. I saw the sun was just rising over the horizon.

"Great," I said with a moan. "Today's going to be a long day."

Usually I can pull an all nighter no problem, but now with the meta cuff and my dampened powers, this impromptu all nighter is going to hit me hard.

I got up and got dressed in my famous Dalton uniform. I decided to not go to the docks and just focus on myself today. 

"It's going to be a good day," I said to myself in the mirror. "You're going to perform with your friends again, and show Iris, Caitlin and Cisco the good parts of Sebastian."

I sighed. "No pressure."

Before I left my room, I dug through my carry on bag. When I first moved to Ohio after freshman year, I never really cleaned this bag out. I was curious to see if her dads ring was still in here.

Don't even ask me why I kept it. To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe it's to serve as a reminder not to let other people control me. 

When I felt my fingers graze the cold metal, my face dropped. I pulled it out and stared at it. I kept getting flashes off that awful day in the woods.

And instead of putting it away like any normal, sane person would do, I shoved it in my pocket, grabbed my jacket, and left my room.

Iris's POV:

"So what's the deal with these prep school kids anyways?" I asked, confused as to why this concert was such a big deal. I could hear people talking about them and gushing.

"Apparently they are one of the best show choirs in the country," Cisco said, looking around the auditorium. 

I followed his gaze and didn't even realize I walked right into someone. 

"I'm so sorry!" I said helping her collect her belongings she dropped.

"No, don't worry about it. Really, it was my fault," she said. I gave her a sympathetic smile as we both stood up.

"You look, really familiar," she said looking me up and down. Honestly, I felt a little uncomfortable. "Do I know you?"

"No, I don't think you do. My name is Iris. I'm here for my," I was about to say husband, but Cisco jabbed me in the ribs to remind me that Barry isn't Barry today. Today, he was Sebastian. "I'm just here for a friend," I said playing it cool.

I think she picked up that something wasn't quite right, but ultimately she let it go. "I'm here for my boyfriend. His name is Chris. Maybe you know him through your friend?"

"Maybe," I said. "My friend is with the Warblers."

"No way!" she said. "So is my Chris! Hopefully we'll catch each other after and we can get to know each other."

"Hopefully," I said. She gave me a smile and went to move past me. "Oh wait!" I said stopping her. "I didn't catch your name."

"Vanessa," she said. Then she turned and kept walking. 

"She seems perky," Cisco said. 

"Whatever," I replied shaking it off. "Let's just sit down."