CHAPTER TEN: Do You Believe in Reincarnation?

The three Uchihas walked silently along the streets when, suddenly, a series of quick and short steps could be heard nearing them from behind. Hanako turned around slightly at the moment someone threw themselves over her. The next thing she knew: she was lying on the ground with two people on top of her.

"Hanako!" Two voices spoke in unison, but Hanako was able to recognize them.

"Kazuki! Takeshi!" She tried getting up, but both boys were suffocating her with their hugs.

"You're alive! You have no idea how worried we were!" Takeshi yelled loudly while holding the girl even tighter. Kazuki let go immediately when he noticed Hanako was having trouble to breathe. He looked up to find two other Uchiha staring back at him. He gulped and looked away in embarrassment. "Why didn't you tell us you were back?! It had been so long since you went away..."

"Takeshi..." Hanako tried to say with the little breath she had in her lungs, but the boy only continued to speak as if he hadn't heard her.

"We were going to ask the Hokage to send someone to look for you..." Shisui rolled his eyes. Sometimes Takeshi was a nuisance. He then seemed to remember something, and looked at Itachi with a mocking grin. The boy was only staring at Takeshi with a serious expression. Shisui scoffed, so much for pretending not to be jealous.

"Takeshi...can't breathe..." Hanako tried again, but again she was bluntly ignored. Kazuki was also growing impatient.

"I'm so glad to see you here-"

"TAKESHI." Kazuki said loudly, making him go silent. He finally released Hanako from the tight hug. "She looks fine, stop bugging her." Hanako coughed slightly, but then smiled at Takeshi reassuringly. The boy had tears in his eyes, and she almost felt bad for not telling him anything. She had been back days ago, but she couldn't talk to anyone, not even her best friend.

"Hanako..." When she heard her name being called, she turned around. She had almost forgotten Itachi and Shisui were still there, waiting for her. Takeshi hadn't noted their presence, but when he did, he stared at them suspiciously; especially at Itachi, his eyes would almost burst into fire glaring at him. Kazuki tried to ignore their presence, staring at the ground. "You can stay with them if you want..." Shisui finally said, narrowing his eyes at Takeshi's attitude towards Itachi. Like he felt he was a threat. He smirked. Maybe he already suspected of his crush, even if Itachi still denied it. "I'll let your mother know where you are."

Hanako nodded, watching Shisui and Itachi head back to the Uchiha Compound.

When they were finally gone, Kazuki looked up and muttered softly. "Hey...who were they?"

"Itachi and Shisui," Hanako looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "From the Clan." She then smirked. "Were you intimidated by them Kazuki?"

"No! Of course not!"

"Since when do you know them?" Takeshi added to the question.

"Well, you guys know Itachi..." she shrugged. "He was in our generation in the Academy. Shisui has been a friend of the family for a while, he went with my sister to the Academy and became very close friends. He's always at my place when he's out of duty." Hanako scratched her chin in a thoughtful stance. "Though, I found out today Itachi and Shisui were friends. What a coincidence..."

"Tsk..." Takeshi rolled his eyes. "Now what... he'll bring Itachi to crash at your place often too?"

"Why? Are you jealous?" Hanako asked with a smirk.

"No!" Takeshi snapped.

"Hanako...why are you wearing a black yukata? Isn't it too hot for that?" Kazuki asked, eyeing her clothing.